Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

So it looks like my Reign is not going to be here in time for the weekend so how DH bike friendly is the venue?

I imagine pushing an 18kg dh bike up isn't that different from pushing a 15kg trail bike. Pushing is pushing. On the timed segments you'll have a blast :thumbup:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like my Reign is not going to be here in time for the weekend so how DH bike friendly is the venue?

Sidewinder is spot on.

You will find most pushing up at least half the climbs. The pedally section at the end of stage 1 is still downhill if a little flat but you make up for it with all the little gaps and rollers etc. You can race stage 2 chainless if you wanted to. Stage 3 is fast and flowing - hardly any pedalling required. There are no short steep ascents anywhere to stuff you up.

Ithanks for the reply. I think I am only affected this weekend, and I really want to come through and see the trails before next weekend. So the DH bike it will be...

We have posted Directions on ENDURO-ONE EVENT page for those new to Hakahana. The same downloadable directions are on our website. www.hakahanatrails.co.za

Sidewinder is spot on.

You will find most pushing up at least half the climbs. The pedally section at the end of stage 1 is still downhill if a little flat but you make up for it with all the little gaps and rollers etc. You can race stage 2 chainless if you wanted to. Stage 3 is fast and flowing - hardly any pedalling required. There are no short steep ascents anywhere to stuff you up.

Now this sounds sweet!  

I saw the group will go on sunday, is there any chance that somone who know the track will be there tomorrow(saterday) for a ride? I can't ride on Sunday because I am doing the warrior race.

Hi there. I will be going through tomorrow morning, will be there at 9am if you want to join. Just know that the ups will be at a slow pace ;)

I saw the group will go on sunday, is there any chance that somone who know the track will be there tomorrow(saterday) for a ride? I can't ride on Sunday because I am doing the warrior race.

Routes marked. You should find your way around. Follow Grey route markers from trail head to the 'saddle" (horse farm). There you split left for SP1 and right for SP2 & SP3. At the bottom of SP1&2 there is a dirt road that leads back up....Road at end of Sp3 leads back home...

Hi there. I will be going through tomorrow morning, will be there at 9am if you want to join. Just know that the ups will be at a slow pace ;)

Taking the DH bike? I am between the DH and the Hardtail, not keen on "racing" want to get my lines for the race.

Nope, just my trail bike. Will not be racing, have both a strapped wrist and shoulder so pretty much just rolling down at a fun pace.

Taking the DH bike? I am between the DH and the Hardtail, not keen on "racing" want to get my lines for the race.

Nope, just my trail bike. Will not be racing, have both a strapped wrist and shoulder so pretty much just rolling down at a fun pace.

I think I will join you, taking the Hardtail tomorrow.

Hey Gents, just want to say that I had an absolute blast today. For those sitting on the fence about this one - just do it! Fast and flowing, with A-lines that have challenging obstacles and B-lines that are safe. Heck there was even a 29er hardtail out there.

I cant wait to get back out there!!

Thanks Pierre, for finding my phone!

To anyone thinking of taking a DH bike there - think again! It is brutal getting up to the start on one.

SP1 was great though. I can't wait to go back with a trail bike.

Hey Gents, just want to say that I had an absolute blast today. For those sitting on the fence about this one - just do it! Fast and flowing, with A-lines that have challenging obstacles and B-lines that are safe. Heck there was even a 29er hardtail out there.

I cant wait to get back out there!!

Thanks Pierre, for finding my phone!

Was good to meet you dude. Glad you had a good ride even in the wet. When we went up to test the radios, as you were leaving, the rain just became harder and harder. I rode down Rinkals SP1 and it was fun but very slippery on the rocks.

Archived