Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

I am 20, I want to do something that will give me an adrenaline rush, I want to move away from the "normal" XC. I am still in the house, and while I am in the house I may do Downhill anymore because it is to dangerous according to my perants. So I want to use my 29er and enjoy my cycling and doing mad stuff. I am also checking out Dual Slalom racing, but here is nothing in Gauteng.

What 29er have you got? Try not to destroy it on jumps and drops. Might be better to trade it in on a trail bike.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What 29er have you got? Try not to destroy it on jumps and drops. Might be better to trade it in on a trail bike.

2012 Giant XTC Carbon XL... Bought brand new last year Nov. I don't have the funds to take the big jump to a 140/160mm travel bike. The studies enjoy 1st place on funds at this moment.

We can always give it a go! Saw on Facebook a guy won a DH race on a hardtail bike. It all depends on the rider, well that is what I think.

Don't worry MTBer I know, just a bit of a tongue in cheek comment

HAKAHANA ENDURO SP1/2/3

Herewith overview of the first Three Stages:

SP1 - Rinkhals (2,2km/ -204m)

SP2 - Sidewinder (1,1km/ -130m)

SP3 - Peppercorns  (1,9km/ -220m) - NOT YET COMPLETED

I have also shown HT Blue and Black routes under.

Access: Follow GREY route (5,5km) from Trailhead directly to the Apex's. Any ambiguity in the up's I have marked with White Duct-tape. 

post-39465-0-80437500-1413440315_thumb.jpg

HAKAHANA ENDURO SP1/2/3

Herewith overview of the first Three Stages:

SP1 - Rinkhals (2,2km/ -204m)

SP2 - Sidewinder (1,1km/ -130m)

SP3 - Peppercorns  (1,9km/ -220m) - NOT YET COMPLETED

I have also shown HT Blue and Black routes under.

Access: Follow GREY route (5,5km) from Trailhead directly to the Apex's. Any ambiguity in the up's I have marked with White Duct-tape. 

Dude! looking forward to checking these out!

Can we still ride Peppercorns or should we stay off until its completed? 

Such a thing would never happen in Guateng!

That sounds like a challenge... remember not all 29ers are XC racing rigs...

A few KZN enduros were won by 29ers :ph34r:

The enduro at Cascades is really awesome, some of the best flowing tracks you will ride in the world with proper dh gradient.

Giba though is a bit too flat and tight though.

Havent done any other enduros there

You probably refering to the one at Karkloof?

Dude! looking forward to checking these out!

Can we still ride Peppercorns or should we stay off until its completed? 

Nah. Its not clean. Dont bother. Rather suggest riding our Red route B (starts where Sp1 and Sp2/3 splits.  Got a great downhill called Bunnychow and a nice technical section below the dam. You will use the same road back up as you will after Peppercorns so worth checking it out.

well I'm gonna try it on my... 29er...

I am not backing down from any challenge! Think I will give it a go.

Just a bit of a heads up. While I encourage pushing the boundary's of ones skill level to take your riding to new levels, I DO NOT encourage this on the wall drop on SP1!

Have a look at the drop off and size it up from all angles before you attempt it, I advise that you only attempt this drop off if you are used to drop off's of its size. 

The drop off itself is child's play, honestly it is slow and smooth HOWEVER! the speed at which the landing spits you out into the rough, loose and rocky section between the landing and the berm needs your full attention.

The rest of the features are all good for upping ones skill :thumbup:

The enduro at Cascades is really awesome, some of the best flowing tracks you will ride in the world with proper dh gradient.Giba though is a bit too flat and tight though.Havent done any other enduros thereYou probably refering to the one at Karkloof?

Cascades. Hylton Frost

That sounds like a challenge... remember not all 29ers are XC racing rigs...

Of course they aren't! I Love the look of the Yeti SB95! But getting a bit off topic here.

Very keen to come through to Hakahana soon!

Just a bit of a heads up. While I encourage pushing the boundary's of ones skill level to take your riding to new levels, I DO NOT encourage this on the wall drop on SP1!

Have a look at the drop off and size it up from all angles before you attempt it, I advise that you only attempt this drop off if you are used to drop off's of its size. 

The drop off itself is child's play, honestly it is slow and smooth HOWEVER! the speed at which the landing spits you out into the rough, loose and rocky section between the landing and the berm needs your full attention.

The rest of the features are all good for upping ones skill :thumbup:

anyone got pics? 

The enduro at Cascades is really awesome, some of the best flowing tracks you will ride in the world with proper dh gradient.

Giba though is a bit too flat and tight though.

Havent done any other enduros there

You probably refering to the one at Karkloof?

That upgraded Tallboy is a machine!  I remember giba being steeper than cascades tho.

Archived