Tirreno-Adriatico 12-18 March 2014

Cav'

#Tirreno, Stage 2: 1. Pelucchi, 2. Demare, 3. Greipel, 4. Bennett, 5. Sagan, 6. Appollonio, 7. Fortin, 8. Modolo, 9. Hurel, 10. Sbaragli.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pelucchi left his sprint very, very late but he timed his effort perfectly. The Italian tucked on to Andre Greipel's wheel and didn't panic when it appeared the German had been boxed in. Instead, he waited for the gap to open ahead of Greipel, and then followed his wheel to the final 100 metres, before unleashing a crisp sprint finish.

Aged 25 Pelucchi's a former junior Italian champion in the kilo and keirin. Has won second-tier races, this is & IAM's first world tour win

Although Arnaud Démare went from a long way out - he hit the front with over 200 metres to go - he looked like he had the win in the bag right up to the last moment, when Pelucchi nipped past.

#Tirreno, Stage 2: 1. Pelucchi, 2. Demare, 3. Greipel, 4. Bennett, 5. Sagan, 6. Appollonio, 7. Fortin, 8. Modolo, 9. Hurel, 10. Sbaragli.

No Cav'

Sagan a respectable 5 for not being pure sprinter

Aged 25 Pelucchi's a former junior Italian champion in the kilo and keirin. Has won second-tier races, this is & IAM's first world tour win

Love it when the so-called smaller teams topple the giants.

VIVA PELUCCHI

Although Arnaud Démare went from a long way out - he hit the front with over 200 metres to go - he looked like he had the win in the bag right up to the last moment, when Pelucchi nipped past.

Ja, te vroeg

Good effort though

I'm sure Cav still retains the leader's jersey or were there gaps

Peter Sagan looked well-placed but faded to 5th place in the final 100 metres, while Mark Cavendish and QuickStep made no impression in the finishing straight.

Building nicely for the Monuments... The HULK!

Love it when the so-called smaller teams topple the giants.

VIVA PELUCCHI

Sitting in Greipels slip till the very last second takes some doing....well done to him :thumbup:

Cavendish crossed the line in 17th place. Assuming he was the first Omega Pharma-QuickStep rider across the line, he will retain the overall lead this evening. Either way, the maglia azzurra remains with the team for another day.

Thanks guys! Made my trainer session much more bearable.

Did you also wind up towards the bunch sprint?

Hahahaa