Tirreno-Adriatico 12-18 March 2014

Cav'

Dowsett's shoulders are beginning to rock, and he grits his teeth as the Movistar team car pulls up alongside him. His lead is just over a minute on the peloton.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12km remaining from 166km

14:50:54 CET

30 seconds the lead for Dowsett as he crosses the Arno for the final time with 12 kilometres remaining.

Omega Pharma-QuickStep continue to lead the bunch with 10 kilometres remaining, where Dowsett's lead drops to 17 seconds. Tinkoff-Saxo and Sky are also moving up in a bid to keep Alberto Contador and Richie Porte out of trouble in the finale.

Omega Pharma-QuickStep continue to lead the bunch with 10 kilometres remaining, where Dowsett's lead drops to 17 seconds. Tinkoff-Saxo and Sky are also moving up in a bid to keep Alberto Contador and Richie Porte out of trouble in the finale.

Omega Pharma-QuickStep have dropped back from the head of the peloton, and Dowsett remains dangling alone out in front.

A crash in the peloton sees a number of Lott-Belisol riders come down, although Andre Greipel does not appear to be among them. Stijn Devolder (Trek) was also among the fallers, but the Belgian champion remounts quickly and gives chase.

Tinkoff-Saxo has now taken up the reins, in support of Contador but perhaps also in support of local rider Daniele Bennati. It's a few years, however, since Bennati beat the likes of Cavendish in a bunch finish.

The Tinkoff-Saxo-led peloton catches Dowsett with 7 kilometres remaining, and the stage is set for a sprint finish in Cascina.

Lotto-Belisol are trying to force their way up the right hand side of the road in support of Greipel. Lampre-Merida are doing the same on the left in an attempt to set up Sacha Modolo.

Arnaud Demare is also tucked in a decent position in the colours of FDJ.fr, and a Cannondale delegation is attempting to guide Peter Sagan towards the front.