Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 24-30 March 2014

Cav'

What is it with this race?

2011 - Albasini won stage 1 & 2, last year Meersman did the same and now we have Mezgec

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say I told you so, but then I'd just sound like a anti-sky bot poster on cyclingnews forums or something.

:whistling: you said Porte and Froome will not start...

Anyone know what time the real action will be today? Streaming?

:whistling: you said Porte and Froome will not start...

Anyone know what time the real action will be today? Streaming?

Porte abandoned yesterday, haven't seen anything about Froome.

Check out steephill.tv for streaming

http://inrng.com/medias/images/catalunya143.jpg

The race enters the Pyrenees for the first mountain stage but the final climb is not fierce. Instead this is a day when the descent could pick the winner because foul weather is forecast and the riders face a long and chilly ride down the top of the Coll de la Creueta in freezing temperatures. A battle between the big guns isn’t certain but they might feel compelled to turn up the heat… if the stage goes ahead.

The organizers also confirmed that they have planned an alternative route in case of unexpected events.

They just announced route will go ahead as originally planned.

Froome and Porte abandoned cause they know they have nothing for AC or J-Rod.

They just announced route will go ahead as originally planned.

Froome and Porte abandoned cause they know they have nothing for AC or J-Rod.

Froome has not abandoned...

Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) won stage 3 of the Volta Ciclista a Catalunya after attacking in the final few hundred meters on the first mountain stage to win alone and clear of Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) and Nairo Quintana (Movistar). Tejay van Garderen (BMC) finished fourth with Tour de France champion Chris Froome fifth after Rodriguez countered an initial attack from the Team Sky leader.

Cyclingnews

.more success for Katusha after Kristoff's top spot at MSR

post-12015-0-49093400-1395860214_thumb.jpg

Edited by ' Dale

On a finish like that no one will have anything for J-Rod, his kick is just to strong in concession. Long way to go till July but Froome is in trouble, his attack was strong but AC and J-Rod followed pretty easy as AC only went much later once he saw danger and they dropped Froome who couldn't make up ground again. Froome was in incredible form - same as now - this time last year but his competition wasn't and now they have decided to get their ducks in a row and the outcomes are very different. Also Sky have clearly got a a little wake up call with JTL, Henao being isolated with dodgy blood values and sending Porte home just in case to get his stuff under control which in turns leaves Froomes top up supply similar to everyone else's.

The Tour come July will be one of the best to date I believe with Nibali, Froome, AC. Quintana, J-Rod all showing incredible form right now.