The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

<script language='javascript'> </script>

I run there a lot as well, we should organise one together.  Hopefully the unwanted elements stay out there.  Fastest I've clocked for the outside loop sign to sign is about 24:17 I think, what have you guys run? 

Then you have the strava CR on the route, Francois, it is?

I plan to take it from you in the next two weeks, keep an eye out for the dear John letter from Strava

I only ran it twice sofar, best is 28.50, but that was including a nature stop and taking a pic of a huge tortoise.

Now that the voortrekker monument has some issues, I want to run there Friday afternoons. I usually knock of at work around 2 on Fridays, so are there at 3. Welcome to join if you want

Julle manne is haastig, think you might be too quick for me

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that there is a TR this Sunday at Bronkhorspruit area on Sunday - check out

www.myroadlesstraveled.co.za

We will be attending the water point at the finish so come say hi.

Also next weekend at the Madidaba lodge - TR or MTB

See you out there!!!!

See you on Sunday! Pretty miff that the entries for saterday's run at Thaba are closed.

Bummed that entries for wild joburg trail run this Saturday are closed. Has anyone registered and is unable to attend and can I buy your entry?

Bummed that entries for wild joburg trail run this Saturday are closed. Has anyone registered and is unable to attend and can I buy your entry?

I managed to find a sub. Post on the fb groups, trail runners have more fun or jozi trail runners.

Yoh what a lekker racing weekend! Did the Thaba 5k, nice little warm up for todays Nogwaja race at Ezomvello. The 25k was tough but man it was such a awesome run with Wildebeest running beside you, jakals crying in the distance and the decent into the river vally was mindblowingly awesome!! Was lekker to check you Vinny!

Anyone doing Avianto this weekend?

Doing the 24km, but is taking my riding buddy along and talked him into doing the 6km.

Dude is going to die....

Anyone doing Avianto this weekend?

Doing the 24km, but is taking my riding buddy along and talked him into doing the 6km.

Dude is going to die....

Hahaha, is it (sounds like!) one of those "easy 6k" runs with 600m elevation?!  :devil:  

• 3 weeks later...

Need some shoe recommendations. Bought Brooks Cascadia 9s last year (R1400 on special)- getting close to needing a new pair now... Just saw the Cascadia 10s are 2K  :eek:

Any recommendations around <1500?

Need some shoe recommendations. Bought Brooks Cascadia 9s last year (R1400 on special)- getting close to needing a new pair now... Just saw the Cascadia 10s are 2K :eek:

Any recommendations around <1500?

Buy the new Trail mag if you have not, there are some nice reveiws of shoes in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say - I had an awesome run this past Saturday. Met up with a guy for the first time and we did a very nice run in Paarl Mountain. Some known trails, some exploration, some places I knew about but haven't been to yet. Was great...

Picked up a bit of a funny on my heel, but that's hopefully just a short-term issue. The overall experience more than made up for it!  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've ridden there a couple of times, but just went for a quick run over lunchtime up into Eden... WOW! Huuuuge fun! Esp coming down.