The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

On the topic of moonbags... I'm also in need of some Hubbers-Assistance

I'm looking for something specific:

• For Triathlons: Can be used as a race-belt (attach race number to the belt. dedicated racebelt straps is not a must though) - for triathlons
  • For Strava! Enough space for a phone and keys...and a small energy snack maybe.
  • For Cycling... now bare with me - I have a pocketless, time-trial-ish, cycling skinsuit. I got it as a present, but I need pockets (not saddlebags) for my phone and stuff. To be worn underneath the suit...  :blush:

I mostly do mid-distances (around 10 km), so I'm not looking for the water-bottle types. I'm currently looking at the Cape Storm (R160) and Nathan Gel Pak (R300). Can any body spare me 2 cents?  ^_^

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script language='javascript'> </script>

On the topic of moonbags... I'm also in need of some Hubbers-Assistance

I'm looking for something specific:

• For Triathlons: Can be used as a race-belt (attach race number to the belt. dedicated racebelt straps is not a must though) - for triathlons
  • For Strava! Enough space for a phone and keys...and a small energy snack maybe.
  • For Cycling... now bare with me - I have a pocketless, time-trial-ish, cycling skinsuit. I got it as a present, but I need pockets (not saddlebags) for my phone and stuff. To be worn underneath the suit...  :blush:

I mostly do mid-distances (around 10 km), so I'm not looking for the water-bottle types. I'm currently looking at the Cape Storm (R160) and Nathan Gel Pak (R300). Can any body spare me 2 cents?  ^_^

2c spared.

http://sport.takealot.com/sport-new-balance-small-items-waistpack/PLID33057980

Might be a bit small for your phone

Edited by Raab

hi Koei,

i have that cape storm belt.

theres just enough space for my phone and car/house key when i go running.

i track my runs with Endomondo on my phone. so i prefer it not in a arm band - advertising my phone to everyone passing me - its a safety issue if you think about it. 

the belt sits underneath my shirt, and no one even knows i am wearing it.

there's very limited space , so dont know how much you will be able to fit - maybe a GU or 2.

some of our running club members run with their car keys in hand - eish, that just wont work for me. 

Edited by boristheblade

Whoo-hoo! My pack has just arrived!

Will check it out properly tonight at home... Won't be able to run before the weekend - and then it'll most likely be road. Oh bugger, and next weekend is Argus MTB, then Argus. *sigh* Will sneak in a trail run somewhere just to try it out. Maybe even my longer road run this w/e.

At least I have it now...  :whistling:

Just a quick one guys.Anyone else doing the Hedianggaagggfaaa Beast this weekend (sorry I tried 3 times and cant spell the name right)

Im in for the 15k and its my first proper trail run. Im sure Im fit enough and expecting some technical sections but just how scared should I be?? Not trying to win or anything like that just want to be mentally prepared.

aaaaand go.............

• 4 weeks later...

Went to test my pack yesterday - still have to get used to running with it! Immediately put me in a "this is a trek, run slow" frame of mind!  :blush: Worked like a charm, don't like the mouth-piece all that much and will most likely replace it with a Camelbak bite valve. But the pack itself... rockin'! Only thing I did not get sorted was the space for the 500ml bottles on the sides. I stood still in the house and tried to insert that bottle (with the pack on my back), no freakin way did that work. Maybe I must still fiddle to get that adjusted.

However, I hurt myself a couple of weeks ago and only went to see somebody this morning. Got severely reprimanded and is off running for some time now. (Perfect timing, just before Oceans... :ph34r: )  Anyways some post-tibial something-or-the-other muscle is totally buggered. Fortunately not a repetitive motion thing, I injured it on one run - I know exactly when and how. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.wildjoburg.co.za/

9th of MAy

But to be honest, at R300 for the 20k they can keep it

Ja these okes are mal. I wanted to do the 40km magalies wild run or something like that, R1000 for an entry . Damn mad to ask that for a 40k run.

The One at Avianto one week later is R170 for a 24k. Much more reasonable and it is really nice run

http://www.ilumin8ev...-sun-trail-run/

Thats much better! I'm going to do that rock rabbit series this year. I think my road travled hosts them. Nice and tech races with awesome spot prizes.