Identify scott road bike

Pikey

Pse help new into road riding,bought this carbon scott but the owner couldn't tell me what model scott it is? He thinks it is a 2009? I also have no idea of value. I put the Easton's on bought 2nd hand from a friend ( he's also not sure what it is) as it came with Scott wheels . It's has full tiagra which is as new. Hope someone can tell from the pics. It's was apparently yellow and black originally .

Any help would be much appreciated .

post-51529-0-78254100-1395575923_thumb.jpg

post-51529-0-40349100-1395576068_thumb.jpg

post-51529-0-42903500-1395576482_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with old Addict. Carbon layup is the same as my 2008 Plasma, think they call it 12k.

I wish I had better brakes. But that is maybe coz I am used to my mountain bike brakes. What upgrade would you suggest there if any ?

You mentioned that it was yellow before. Why was the colour changed, has it been repaired?

Secondly, I disagree with the other guys. That looks like a Scott CR1 painted in the colours of the Addict.

To support my statement, the Addict never came out with Tiagra, but some models of the CR1 did.

Not sure what you paid for it, so can't say if it was a good buy or not.

Some of the very old CR1s were yellow, so it could be older than you think.

Not according to the owner,he didn't like the yellow and it had a few marks on.

I think it he changed it to 10 speed tiagra from 9 speed tiagra and it had some scott pro brakes on it before. I paid R6k excluding the Easton's ,as it came with scott afd wheels on.

I would suggest taking some measurements of frame amd compare to CR1 and Addict geometry. CR1 has a plush geometry compared to Addict. Remember measurements for seat tube and top tube are center to center. Head tube is top to bottom. Google is your friend.

Also looks like the old Scott CR1 to me.

http://images02.olx-st.com/ui/5/71/65/1268900483_81306665_1-Pictures-of--SCOTT-CR1-CR-1-TEAM-CARBON-ROAD-BIKE-W-DURA-ACE-NR.jpg

Cool will do that this evening ,maybe make things a little clearer. Is either of the above mentioned bikes better than the other or just different ?

You mentioned that it was yellow before. Why was the colour changed, has it been repaired?

Secondly, I disagree with the other guys. That looks like a Scott CR1 painted in the colours of the Addict.

To support my statement, the Addict never came out with Tiagra, but some models of the CR1 did.

Not sure what you paid for it, so can't say if it was a good buy or not.

Some of the very old CR1s were yellow, so it could be older than you think.

I agree . . . Addict will not have tiagra grouppo . ..

Yep, looks like a CR1 to me and I own an Addict. Sounds like a good deal for 6K! Tiagra is such good value it's almost a secret amongst the cycling mechanic circles....