Next Western Province XCO Cup Race

Adrenalin Fox

post-17276-0-49545200-1396348482_thumb.jpg

Happening this coming Saturday at Paul Roos Gymnasium in Stellenbosch.

Entries are done at the venue - Friday from 12pm to 5pm or Saturday between 7am and 9am.

As per usual, riders can recce the course on Friday afternoon, with racing taking place on Saturday.

The entry fees are R100 for Nipper and Sprog categories and R150 for all other categories.

Edited by Adrenalin Fox

So how was this event? Looked quite small. Still not sure how this fits in to the bigger picture of MTB in the Western Cape / Western Province...

It was the shizzel, decent turn out including a couple of international Pros, men's & lady who needless to say took top honours in their respective categories. It was my 1st ever XCO race & boy was it tough but fun at the same time. I can't wait for the next one in May at Paul Cluver.

Not sure about your question regarding how it fits into the bigger picture for Mtb in WC/WP.

It's a discipline sanctioned by province & Csa. If you compete in all the rounds I'm sure you'll be crowned the champ come the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the detail for the upcoming event at Paul Cluver on 10 May.

Entries can be done at www.racetraq.co.za or at the event. Racing will start at 9am and should be finished at 14:30. Detailed schedule and Further details to follow soon.post-17276-0-18603800-1398362321_thumb.jpg

course open the day before? never ridden xco in sa, from the courses I've seen it looks way too technical for me compared with at home but i know that area a bit so I'm hoping itl be ok. id be keen to ride there the day before if i can

Yip, course will be marked during Friday so you will be able to recce it.

Keep an eye on the weather forecast though, as in the Western Cape, "winter" unofficially starts on Easter weekend.

• 2 weeks later...