Windhoek Cycling

Sharkie 2

I am considering a job offer in Windhoek, what is the cycling like there?

Road cycling specifically? If any hub members are from Namibia or know people there?

The roadies have to cycle on the highways, which are only about 5km long into and out of town.

Get a mountain bike. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of gravel road.

Yip

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of gravel road.

Thanks for the feedback. My fiance is an elite sponsored local road rider so take it that she won't have any worthwhile training routes or competitions to compete in?

There is still a lot of Road cycling in Namibia, go to Windhoek pedal power and check out races, results ext.

Windhoek Pedal Power

www.wpp.iway.na

Rock and Rut MTB

www.rockandrut.org

•  

Contact Mannie Heymans I think he still runs a cycle shop there. I spoke to him at last year's Sani and he confirms that they still run the Saturday afternoon timetrials from Windhoek Country Club Hotel. Seems the road cycling is still quite active, but it is a country with a small population so expect the depth of competition to be quite shallow.

Thanks for all the input guys, races will be done there for training and SA will then be targeted for the big ones

Regards

Jaco