Warranty

Newguy100

Now why would a brand new user called Warranty Guru, with zero other posts, suddenly be interested in hearing about peoples bike warranties?

Mmm something fishy here...

I OWN A NINER SO I AM NOT A HATER, BUT I RECALL A STORY OF THEY NO LONGER BEING LOCALLY AVAILABLE BECAUSE OF POOR BACK UP/ASSISTANCE FROM ORIGINAL SUPPLIER(NINER)

I had problem with "Trek" carbon frame and it was only 3 years old and the paintwork started to bubble in 4 areas because there was corrosion in between the frame and paintwork. They would not replace it because the paintwork is only 1 year warranty.

My opinion is how the water get in between frame and paintwork? Even though I never crash or fall and I always kept it clean after ride. It proved that the paintwork was not done properly, so they must replace the frame, but they said, no!!

I love Trek frame, but I will not buy their frame again because I paid alot for it and expected it to last 10 years, but after 3 years, it looks terrible and I can't sell it because everybody thinks there is something wrong... Now I am stuck with this frame.....

Now why would a brand new user called Warranty Guru, with zero other posts, suddenly be interested in hearing about peoples bike warranties?

I wondered too, hence my post.

Maybe I'm paranoid (after the Carte Blanche doccie)

I had a Kona, sold it to my mate. Weld cracked outside of warranty.

Kona says "have any new frame at 50% RRP. Oh and keep the old frame to see if you can have it repaired."

I reckon that's pretty decent.

I had a Kona, sold it to my mate. Weld cracked outside of warranty.

Kona says "have any new frame at 50% RRP. Oh and keep the old frame to see if you can have it repaired."

I reckon that's pretty decent.

Geez!

That's fantastic

The top tube of my Titan Carbon Pro developed a crack. Agent insisted it was from the handlebar swinging around. 2 different bike shops agreed it was definitely not the case and was consist with a manufacturing fault. In the end had to rely on my own insurance to buy a new frame. And it isn't a Titan.

Just noticed that there are alot of warranty related issues on the hub...

And now I'm interested to find out what experiences people have had when dealing with warranty claims and how they're handled..

:-) nothing to do with Carte Blanche

I have had a terrible experience with Trek, they claim all sorts of scenarios when you try and claim a warranty, bike abuse, falls and so on and so forth. I will never ever buy a Trek again. So describe the worst blow job you ever got................ Faaaantastic. That sort of describes how Cannondale and Omnico treat you. Naturally I will be staying with that brand

Just noticed that there are alot of warranty related issues on the hub...

And now I'm interested to find out what experiences people have had when dealing with warranty claims and how they're handled..

:-) nothing to do with Carte Blanche

So what is the point of your user name/this thread?

Are you planning on launching an aftermarket warranty extension product or similar?

Agree but what's going to happen now that they have outsourced their repair centre?

Dealt with them a week ago. Oregon 300 had batteries melt inside. Couldnt repair so I was charged R1600 for a new Oregon 600. Oregon was 4 years old, no questions asked, no paperwork required.