Spez Epic Rear Shock Problem

FatBoySlim1

Ok, shock service sorted for R855 by the agents, all good to go. WOOHOOO

Nice.

Did you go directly to Spez in Stellenbosch? Or to a shop, if so which one?

Sent to Cycles Direct in Tableview, they sent to Spez in Stellenbosch

... and the haters was telling you that you should get ready to be ripped a new one.

Guest Smimby

Sent mine in for service 2012 model.....and I got back a 2013 one with autosag! :clap: :clap: :clap:

How is that for service.....yea yea......some will say that Spez is expensive BLA BLA.....

But I am one VERY happy customer!

Well done Specialized :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Smimby

Nothing better than thinking a repair will be crazy expensive only to have it fixed for an amount more affordable.

Yeah, except that rear bearings are shot and it buggered up the hub. Apparently shimano wants to charge a wack for new rim and hub. Me thinks I'm going to bang on 650b and get some more life out of this bike.

Yeah, except that rear bearings are shot and it buggered up the hub. Apparently shimano wants to charge a wack for new rim and hub. Me thinks I'm going to bang on 650b and get some more life out of this bike.

Hubs, much like suspension should be serviced at regular intervals.

If it's just the hub and it's a Shimano hub you can replace the cups and ball bearings?

Spez 5yr warranty. I'm not expecting to get far with that though. I have seen what others have gone through for them to honor it.

Have you serviced the shock according to their guidelines? (its in the little book you get with the bike).