Merida Big Nine XT Edition vs Titan Pro 29R

Shyguy30

100%, cause most of the frames are made in China in any event. Just seen some issues with Cube / Volcan, so not sure about Titan.

Having said, you can probably find pro's and con's for each brand out there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Titan, but they are known to be porky, my 26 Titan is heavy but rock solid, So if that is a concern for you maybe weigh both bikes and add it to your list of pros/cons

To be honest, Merida will always have a soft spot with me but the Titans have really proven themselves over the last few months. Good solid frames coupled with a good shock and groupset to match. Boils down to personal opinion and how you feel riding the bike - nevermind what other okes think at "big races". Keep in mind, you're the one that will be doing the "trap werk" at the end of the day so you have to feel comfy on it.

Happy shopping bud!

Trust me there is nothing wrong with riding a Titan at a big race. I know for a fact that this weekend there was a Titan Team in the top 5 as well as myself finishing top 30.

A bad sportsman blames his tools,

was this at the cradle the weekend

Titan not bad specs but do you want to be seen on a Titan at a big race? Nothing against Titan don't like the brand. I know Titan is well priced en good sepced... Personal choice. Take both for a spin

so what do you ride?

Edited by flat29

Ya the Cradle it was. I had a long day out in the saddle On Saturday but managed to claw back on Sunday. Finished 173Rd over all. 30th on Sunday

AL529

• Rate this item

(20 votes)

http://www.momsenbikes.com/media/k2/items/cache/8dc425b2acbf9c68064b8a63eae1ffbc_M.jpg

Key Features:

• Rock Shox REBA RL 100mm Taper Steerer
  • Shimano XT/SLX 10-Speed Groupset
  • ZTR Crest 29er Rims with Shimano SLX Hubs
  • Shimano PD-M520 Clipless Pedals
  • Continental X-King 2.4 Fr, X-King 2.2 Rr Tyres
  • Shimano M596 Disc Brakes

Momsen and Titan pretty evenly matched but betting the Momsen will come in lighter in weight and price.

Check it out.

AL529

• Rate this item

(20 votes)

http://www.momsenbikes.com/media/k2/items/cache/8dc425b2acbf9c68064b8a63eae1ffbc_M.jpg

Key Features:

• Rock Shox REBA RL 100mm Taper Steerer
  • Shimano XT/SLX 10-Speed Groupset
  • ZTR Crest 29er Rims with Shimano SLX Hubs
  • Shimano PD-M520 Clipless Pedals
  • Continental X-King 2.4 Fr, X-King 2.2 Rr Tyres
  • Shimano M596 Disc Brakes

Momsen and Titan pretty evenly matched but betting the Momsen will come in lighter in weight and price.

Check it out.

also have a AL329 in my collection, Great bikes. The 529 is a nice bike

also have a AL329 in my collection, Great bikes. The 529 is a nice bike

Also have an AL329 and a SL629 and have had no problems. really good value for the price.

Titan not bad specs but do you want to be seen on a Titan at a big race? Nothing against Titan don't like the brand. I know Titan is well priced en good sepced... Personal choice. Take both for a spin

POSER OR WHAT

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

Thanks for all the replies. I went for the Titan, what an awesome bike - and a looker as well.

Took it out for a ride 2 days after the purchase on Friday the 18th at red barn in irene, fell quite hard cracked the helmet somewhat and hurt my shoulder. Will only be able to ride next week again

So hopefully my second outing next week will go better.

Lol.

I ride the Titan 2014 model 650b carbon and its an awesome bike.Dont care what other okes say or think of it.Lekke!!!