[Event] NISSAN TrailSeeker #1 Diamond Rush

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else experiencing problems with entering this event? I have been trying since last week Monday to enter on all the various sites but no luck. I have also phoned and sent emails and have not received any response to date.

Any advice on what else I can to do to secure an entry?

For the guys doing Diamond rush for the first time, prepare for some sand riding, it got me last year, 29ers flying past me.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with entering this event? I have been trying since last week Monday to enter on all the various sites but no luck. I have also phoned and sent emails and have not received any response to date.

Any advice on what else I can to do to secure an entry?

Have you been successful? Always willing to help out!

So I've just returned from the weekend doing the final recce with Gavin Pelser our new route guy. (who brought you the 2014 Clarens route)

All I can say is if you've ever done the Diamond Rush event in the past all the best bits are now put in to one race. It's real mountain biking bring your skills along. Couple of new sections that has never been in the race before. Half & Marathon distances are in the bavaria protected area along the malan river.

Unfortunately... and fortunately for you.. the major climb of 2010 in the MTN Cullinan route will not be in this years event... I tried very hard things just didn't go to plan... so you are saved... for now.

The Marathon will hit the Little eden gorge at around the 22km mark, about 5km further than in the past with more climbs before then to spread out the field.

The half will be similar to 2011 with a different start out and two new climbs.

Chat again soon.

Profiles to be done and uploaded later this week.

So I've just returned from the weekend doing the final recce with Gavin Pelser our new route guy. (who brought you the 2014 Clarens route)

All I can say is if you've ever done the Diamond Rush event in the past all the best bits are now put in to one race. It's real mountain biking bring your skills along. Couple of new sections that has never been in the race before. Half & Marathon distances are in the bavaria protected area along the malan river.

Unfortunately... and fortunately for you.. the major climb of 2010 in the MTN Cullinan route will not be in this years event... I tried very hard things just didn't go to plan... so you are saved... for now.

The Marathon will hit the Little eden gorge at around the 22km mark, about 5km further than in the past with more climbs before then to spread out the field.

Chat again soon.

Sounds great. Now the big question: Will the half & full marathon merge before the finish and if so how many km before the finish?

This is a treat. Gavin is great. Now I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Sounds great. Now the big question: Will the half & full marathon merge before the finish and if so how many km before the finish?

Routes have to merge before the finish. The routes merge about 4.4km before the finish with 1km of gravel road before the road crossing.

Chat again soon.

Pictures or we can't believe you :whistling:

Have you been successful? Always willing to help out!

Finally managed to enter by using a colleague's laptop. Seems like my issue is due to Internet Explorer as my colleague uses Chrome.

Thanks for the offer to help. :thumbup:

Finally managed to enter by using a colleague's laptop. Seems like my issue is due to Internet Explorer as my colleague uses Chrome.

Thanks for the offer to help. :thumbup:

Nope. I'm using Chrome and I can't get in. Are these guys serious about their business?

Guys please mail me with what the trouble is.

they online entry site was upgraded end of last week, seems there a are a couple gremilns.

wessel(at)advendurance.com

Regarding the half marathon from 2013.

Has anyone got last years race on their garmin that they can post it here so I can see what I am in for.

Thanks.

Last years half was completely different to this year, and took the guys in the Cullinan reserve, this year we go in the opposite direction.