Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

BMC are managing things on in the peloton with Daniel Oss sitting on the front. They have allowed the advantage to grow to 8 minutes now.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Evans' fourth Giro d'Italia and it is the third time he has worn the maglia rosa. He became the first Australian to wear the jersey in 2002, holding onto it for two days. He also wore it in 2010 for a day, before going onto winning the points and climber's jerseys. Evans' best finish at the Giro d'Italia was his third place last season.

Edited by ' Dale

61km remaining from 172km

The break are climbing now and we're into the crucial part of this stage.

Nobody in this break are a threat to Evans in his pink jersey, will BMC be happy to let them stay away to the finish?

The 14 men out front still hold a gap of 7:50 and the peloton seem happy at this pace. A reminder of the men in this break. Julien Berard (AG2R La Mondiale), Enrico Barbin (Bardiani CSF), Marco Bandiera (Androni Giocatolli), Jackson Rodriguez (Androni Giocatolli), David Tanner (Belkin), Oscar Gatto (Cannondale), Leonardo Duque (Colombia), Matteo Bono (Lampre-Merida), Jonathan Monsalve (Neri Sottoli), Tosh Van der Sande (Lotto-Belisol), Salvatore Puccio (Team Sky), Eduard Vorganov (Katusha), Pieter Weening (Orica-GreenEdge) and Davide Malacarne (Europcar)

Three men in this group were in the break yesterday, Bandiera, Berard and Vorganov.

There are a few sprinters in this leading group, including Gatto, Tanner and Duque, who will be interested in this intermediate sprint at the top of the climb. We can expect to see them dropping back not too long after that.

Dropped on the 1st CAT 1 climb

He must be suffering from injuries from crashing 2 days ago

Yah, must be, unlike him to be dropped on, what for him, is a little bump in the road. Sad, but I also think age is getting to him as well, the ol boy cant recover from crashes like the 23 year old kids anymore.

On another note Rolland looked good, he struggled near the end but I still fancy him as a GC contender.

Quintana on the other hand, looked less than inspiring.

Ullisi in the top 10 and not far down

The intended GC contender for Lamprè has been Cunego (mysteriously out of form for several seasons now)

On another note Rolland looked good, he struggled near the end but I still fancy him as a GC contender.

Quintana on the other hand, looked less than inspiring.

Dunno what Quintana's game plan is

He clawed back 2 secs over Cuddles.

The gap has come down a little bit, but the peloton don't seem too interested in catching them. It now stands at 7 minutes.