Jonkershoek parking area GPS

worriesnot

Going down to the WC for some R&R next week and I'm allowed to take my bike! :clap:

Really keen to go do some trails at Jonkershoek since I've been drooling over the horrible horrible photos you guys post each week...

Anyone have GPS coordinates for the parking area close to the starting point? Don't want to waste time drive around looking for it.

Secondly - is it safe / okay to ride alone @ Jonkers?

Thanks!

You can alway park at Ride In, we are a cafe just over 4km from the reserve, we have - parking, showers and great food and coffee.

The perfect place to start and finish your ride from, on the Jonkershoek rd after the hotel Lanzerac.

Just follow Jonkershoek road (google maps is your friend) till you reach the gate or park at Ride in café 2km before the gate.

Yes it is safe, just be careful of snakes, baboons & leopards - They tend to only attack people on 26ers , because they are slow :ph34r: .

Just follow Jonkershoek road (google maps is your friend) till you reach the gate or park at Ride in café 2km before the gate.

Yes it is safe, just be careful of snakes, baboons & leopards - They tend to only attack people on 26ers , because they are slow :ph34r: .

Nah! Us 26ers are quicker through the trees! :clap: :ph34r: :whistling:

Yes, it is safe there, bar Mother Nature. You generally can't get lost looking for parking since the road to Jonkers end at the entry gate.

:whistling:

Edited by Moridin

You can alway park at Ride In, we are a cafe just over 4km from the reserve, we have - parking, showers and great food and coffee.

The perfect place to start and finish your ride from, on the Jonkershoek rd after the hotel Lanzerac.

What are the conditions to use the showers?

Can I: Park, do Jonkers, shower, drink a quick coffee, maybe eat a breakfast, and go to work?