[Event] WP Gravity Enduro Round 2

Andrew Backstrom

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Taahir, how'd you ride?

erhhmm well i didn't finish top 10 because the climb finished me completely otherwise i would've made podium ( :whistling: :clap: :ph34r:)

HaHa!!! Naah it was okay, hairy riding it blind though. i think i finished mid table, so yeah im no superstar yet ...but i think the course was great and well thought out, the pedally bits had me, and that fast as hec 4x4 jeep track section through me completely off guard. Slipping, sliding going buc wild all at High Speed!! well my High speed atleast... :blush:

How'd you do Myles?

Well, the "climb" was more of a huff, puff, wheeze and shuffle. Fark, it killed me. First stage I carried on washing out on cos it was so fresh and I couldn't feel my limbs.

2nd stage was great, but my rear lost about 10 psi on me within the first 50m so it was rolling on me the whole way down. Couldn't corner for shaite cos it would just roll and wash out. Just one jump I didn't hit - the smaller rock jump halfway down s2.

Helluva fun, but that climb and the legs... and the rear...

I cannot really remember the entire route, i do have memories of certain things. That rocky bit on SS1 i could have pushed much harder, i was expecting a BIG drop or feature at the end of the rocky bit but that didnt happen.

I liked the open ground at the end of the jump line on SS2, something new and really Nice! Then just the way the trails was thoughtout, i think its really well designed. It did have a bit of everything. I struggled with trying to clip back into my XC pedals a lot, and drivetrain during the ride. but yeah, nothing some trail pedals and a type 2 cannot fix i suppose.

I cannot really remember the entire route, i do have memories of certain things. That rocky bit on SS1 i could have pushed much harder, i was expecting a BIG drop or feature at the end of the rocky bit but that didnt happen.

I liked the open ground at the end of the jump line on SS2, something new and really Nice! Then just the way the trails was thoughtout, i think its really well designed. It did have a bit of everything. I struggled with trying to clip back into my XC pedals a lot, and drivetrain during the ride. but yeah, nothing some trail pedals and a type 2 cannot fix i suppose.

LOL yeah. It was great. Would def do it again - SS2 made it worth it. Can only imagine the fun I would have had if the rear had played along.

As for the rock garden - I was looking for it all over the place. Could have sworn it was the wrong section that I rode for a while, but apparently not! But on the rocky sections I could have gone loads faster. If I wasn't frozen!