paint removal

NickGM

I'm sure this question has been asked 100s of times in single speed forums but.... what is the best way to strip paint from a bike you'd like to custom paint?

Thanks

Cool, thanks, will give it a try. And then once that is done - any recommendations for how/where to give it a nice coating? Most people seem to get them sand blasted (why?) and then powder coated.. I'm looking for a professional glossy looking finish ideally. I'm based in Stellenbosch so any local options would be appreciated.

Cool, thanks, will give it a try. And then once that is done - any recommendations for how/where to give it a nice coating? Most people seem to get them sand blasted (why?) and then powder coated.. I'm looking for a professional glossy looking finish ideally. I'm based in Stellenbosch so any local options would be appreciated.

Soda blast maybe ... :thumbup:

BogusOne sprays a mighty fine scooter!!

PM him...

I can offer my services, prices start at R1250 for single colour respray on frame and forks using basecoat and clearcoat (best gloss finish), this includes removal of existing paint.

I am also coming out to Stellenbosch in the next week or so to collect a bike and then re-deliver a couple of weeks after, so could collect and deliver yours back at the same time for R50 each way.

PM me if you want more info and a detailed quote.

Thanks mate, good to know. let me have a think about it and a look around myself. Will be in touch.

Thanks Fanie. Like many I was disappointed that the stripper was of the paint variety - even though that's exactly what I'm after.