Best bike to buy

CyclingMom

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a carbon hardtail for my son (16 years). Would like to spent not more than 40 K.

He is looking at a Scott, but I heard mixed feelings about the after service especially around cracked frames etc.

Any advise would help as I do not know much about bikes except for their prices. He is currently riding a Giant XTC.

Regards,

It is the full suspension Scott Sparks that have the problem. There are no issues (that I've heard of) with the Scales.

Scott Scale 910. come in at early R30K. full carbon race frame. Fox fork. full XT.

one of my dream bikes.

Im on the Scale Elite alu frame. and its still an awesome ride.

you could perhaps look at the 650B as well

It is the full suspension Scott Sparks that have the problem. There are no issues (that I've heard of) with the Scales.

and it was only really an issue on the 2012 frames with the DT swiss shock. not so much with the Fox sus

Scales are great and @ R40K you've got a lot of options and a very, very grateful son! He'd batter make an impression this Sunday. ;)

A friends 16 year old has the Specialized Stumpy HT and is flying on it (beating his dad).

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a carbon hardtail for my son (16 years). Would like to spent not more than 40 K.

He is looking at a Scott, but I heard mixed feelings about the after service especially around cracked frames etc.

Any advise would help as I do not know much about bikes except for their prices. He is currently riding a Giant XTC.

Regards,

Are you looking to adopt?

Scales are great and @ R40K you've got a lot of options and a very, very grateful son! He'd batter make an impression this Sunday. ;)

This Sunday?

This Sunday?

Mothers Day. (Reminder for all those reading this thread that might have let it slip their mind).

Mothers Day. (Reminder for all those reading this thread that might have let it slip their mind).

They will truely forget that - he and his brother are doing 2 races this weekend!!!!

Have your kid stand out from the rest and buy him a Cannondale Flash. The Lefty is an amazing shock and it is an absolute dream to ride.

I have a friend who cracked his Scot frame when he took it back to Scott they took 6 weeks to tell him they will not replace the frame. He is still waiting for a reason