IDT workouts

I have a Cycleops IDT that I like to use during the week. My problem is that I am getting really bored of the interval programs that I have. Does anyone have some programs that are based on FTP?

I know that you can make up your own programs, but I really would prefer to get some workouts that are prepared by someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Cycleops IDT that I like to use during the week. My problem is that I am getting really bored of the interval programs that I have. Does anyone have some programs that are based on FTP?

I know that you can make up your own programs, but I really would prefer to get some workouts that are prepared by someone that knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance.

www.trainerroad.com End of story :-)

Get sufferfest videos, then get the sufferfest excel file for the RPE rate they suggest which converts RPE to watts.

Which Cyclops trainer....if its the powerbeam pro, there should be no reason to be bored....the world is your oyster...literately. GPS rides / Trainerroad / online races / famous climbs and routes

I must admit following a program on an IDT is not that boring, if you need to hit the right zones and you get bored, then something isnt right.

I must admit following a program on an IDT is not that boring, if you need to hit the right zones and you get bored, then something isnt right.

Ja....your numbers are too low....FTP test, wash rinse repeat.

Thanks all. I've got the Cycleops 410 Pro. It does have the virtual trainer that is quite nice. But during the week I really do like to limit my workout to about an hour, so I like high intensity interval training.

As far as Sufferfest goes-how does it actually work. I've seen the videos and the look fantastic. But how do you get it to sync to the Cycleops software? I find the Cyclops software very difficult to use.

Thanks kent77. I'll have a look now.

My cheap and nasty IDT 'station' I use on my rollers ... keeps me occupied and those IDT sessions provided by Rouxtjie are from the devil!

*despite that 45mins still feels like 90mins*

post-271-0-58274200-1399621707_thumb.jpg

My cheap and nasty IDT 'station' I use on my rollers ... keeps me occupied and those IDT sessions provided by Rouxtjie are from the devil!

Nice bennie....glad you like that program...and yes, they make you hate life...even if they just 45min, its 45 of dying. I hate poer poering on an IDTI still owe you the power one...nou daai een is eersteklas.

Looks good, whats all happening there on the screen?

Looks good, whats all happening there on the screen?

Its a 45 min workout video I downloaded from the 'net, nice as you 'ride' along with them and keeps it interesting a bit. Has nice music and graphics as you can see.

I've just had a look at trainerroad. It looks great. Is the idea that the app simply replaces the Cycleops app? I also see that it doesn't run on Android.

Nice bennie....glad you like that program...and yes, they make you hate life...even if they just 45min, its 45 of dying. I hate poer poering on an IDTI still owe you the power one...nou daai een is eersteklas.

Please share Rouxtjie.

Its a 45 min workout video I downloaded from the 'net, nice as you 'ride' along with them and keeps it interesting a bit. Has nice music and graphics as you can see.

You have a link to where you downloaded from? thanks

Rouxtjie... I'll be sending you a PM as well if you don't mind sharing. Winter is a bit of a bummer going out so the IDT seem to be used more often now. A variety in training can never hurt. :thumbup:

Archived