sluiper

Don't think that is correct. It is only 1 week earlier - last year it was 6 April and in 2015 29 March. Reason in bringing it forward I would think is that Easter 2015 falls on 5 April next year

Thanks, you're right. I somehow had it in my head that this year was around the 20th...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entered and racing! Any tips for the bike leg? Strong cyclist, but apparently the course is hilly?

Save your legs for the return, especially if the easterly is blowing

Entered and racing! Any tips for the bike leg? Strong cyclist, but apparently the course is hilly?

strong cyclist?? work on your running bud, that is a tough run course, I am a stronger cyclist than runner.. the return leg of the bike is tough, especially into the wind.. overcook it and that run will be HELL (its gonna be hell anyway, but it could just be longer hell :-).. good luck with the training and see you on the beach...

strong cyclist?? work on your running bud, that is a tough run course, I am a stronger cyclist than runner.. the return leg of the bike is tough, especially into the wind.. overcook it and that run will be HELL (its gonna be hell anyway, but it could just be longer hell :-).. good luck with the training and see you on the beach...

The run is quite a tough one, its got a fairly long and nasty hill on it.

The cycle is mostly downhill on the way back but if the east wind picks up it can be a real pain.

It is quite hilly, but not ridiculously so. If you're a decent cyclist (i.e. sub 3 Argus) you shouldn't have any issues.

There is a headwind coming back, but even with that you should be significantly faster coming back than heading out. I did a 1:40 going out and a 1:20 coming back.

That said, it is rated the 2nd most difficult bike course of all 70.3 races worldwide: http://www.runtri.com/2010/08/toughesthardest-vs-easiestfastest-half.html

All Sports Tours is going to IM70.3! Stopping over in George and on way back. Cost R1800.00 including bike. Can book accommodation if required. Contact Maria 082 899 7887 info@allsportstours.co.za. Check our website for all the events we are going to www.allsportstours.co.za

In my honest opinion the run is not that bad. Only one short hill which might be an issue during the second lap. As per normal triathlon strategy if you go to hard on the bike, you will blow on the run especially if it is hot. The bike is nice rolling hills so focus on getting a rhythm on rolling hill rides, not like the cradle though. Oh and do not underestimate the last 7km of the bike. That last hill is tough.

As a first timer this year I found the inability to get into a steady rhythm the most difficult. You're either straining uphill trying to not overdo it, or flying downhill thinking you should go even faster to make up for the ascents. No flats on the entire course. You should also not kid yourself by thinking you'll go out hard and 'relax' back down: no relaxing on that course and if the wind blows east it could be more difficult coming back than going out.

As a first timer this year I found the inability to get into a steady rhythm the most difficult. You're either straining uphill trying to not overdo it, or flying downhill thinking you should go even faster to make up for the ascents. No flats on the entire course. You should also not kid yourself by thinking you'll go out hard and 'relax' back down: no relaxing on that course and if the wind blows east it could be more difficult coming back than going out.

At least the rolling hills are rolling. If you want zero rhythm, go to the cradle!!

500m climbing on 90km is really not that much. The new IMSA route has more climbing per lap. Obviously the wind might change the difficulty level but either way just make sure you do at least one 120km bike 2 - 3 weeks before the race and you will be fine....

500m climbing on 90km is really not that much. The new IMSA route has more climbing per lap. Obviously the wind might change the difficulty level but either way just make sure you do at least one 120km bike 2 - 3 weeks before the race and you will be fine....

That's highest point.

Has 1300m odd total ascention on the route I believe.

An remember to get those brick sessions in after a long ride. These are tough but make you strong. Even if its just 3kms, totally worth it, these are a must especially for noobs.

An remember to get those brick sessions in after a long ride. These are tough but make you strong. Even if its just 3kms, totally worth it, these are a must especially for noobs.

Stop giving ridiculous advice stu.

Archived