[Event] Napier Patat Festival MTB Race

Naas Vermaak

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh Man - I wish I could race as well on Saturday...finetuned LOVELY singletrack today...but the climb thereafter will need a " leka strong woman to kick you up yonder!" :)

Ek bou nie trails vir sissies nie :)

I took the wrong turn last year, just to let the "organiser" take the win. So def coming for revenge!! Cant wait.

I took the wrong turn last year, just to let the "organiser" take the win. So def coming for revenge!! Cant wait.

Die "organiser" was al so ver voor julle spul laaities, g'n wonder julle't verkeerd gery nie :) :)

Hierdie gaan die highlight van jou fietsryloopbaan wees ...

What a disaster. I was so looking forward to this. It was my last race before I leave the western cape for good and I really wanted to win. The briefing was all in Afrikaans so if there was any mention of what arrows to follow then I wouldt know. Got to a junction with arrows pointing both ways and no marshals then later on got to a junction with 5 all waving flags. Some people went left. We got sent straight on which was obviously wrong as after a while we saw a 4km to to board. It was too late to go back by then so we carried on. After the 2km to go sign we met all the runners then there was a 19km to go sign which I now know was for the runners. Was there any mention in the briefing? I don't know..

We ended up riding back in the way we had gone out and coming back with 30km on the clock instead of 60. I got up at 4.30am to come, I paid my entry for he 60km and I was leading which is what makes me so disappointed. I know they had last minute route changes but there can't be any excuse for the marking and for so many people going wrong. I was offered a free entry for next year but I will have long since left the country. What a crap way to finish my time here. Just so disappointed.

What a disaster. I was so looking forward to this. It was my last race before I leave the western cape for good and I really wanted to win. The briefing was all in Afrikaans so if there was any mention of what arrows to follow then I wouldt know. Got to a junction with arrows pointing both ways and no marshals then later on got to a junction with 5 all waving flags. Some people went left. We got sent straight on which was obviously wrong as after a while we saw a 4km to to board. It was too late to go back by then so we carried on. After the 2km to go sign we met all the runners then there was a 19km to go sign which I now know was for the runners. Was there any mention in the briefing? I don't know..

We ended up riding back in the way we had gone out and coming back with 30km on the clock instead of 60. I got up at 4.30am to come, I paid my entry for he 60km and I was leading which is what makes me so disappointed. I know they had last minute route changes but there can't be any excuse for the marking and for so many people going wrong. I was offered a free entry for next year but I will have long since left the country. What a crap way to finish my time here. Just so disappointed.

That sucks, Sorry that it ended so bad, now I dont regret not doing it :mellow:

Look at the bright side.....you have a British passport