Coronation DC 2014 - Entry wanted

Spirog

Hi Guys,

How does one go about getting an entry into a team for the Coronation DC 2014. I've filled in my details on the site, but no feedback. Am I missing something?

Thanks for that info on when entries open.

What is the process thereafter? Do I try and contact a team, or do they work through the list and select members based on target times?

Is it difficult to get an entry?

Thanks for that info on when entries open.

What is the process thereafter? Do I try and contact a team, or do they work through the list and select members based on target times?

Is it difficult to get an entry?

I suspect there may be some misunderstanding:

1. are you wanting to join a team.?

2. are you wanting to enter a team.?

Team entry only happens around October if I remember correctly.

Sells out quite quickly (over a weekend last year), so be ready when it opens.

If you are however just looking for a spot on a team, start here on the Hub or alternatively approach some of the clubs/groups in you area.

Edited by Thomo

If you want to buy a team entry, then sit with your finger ready to press the button on the day online entries open. Then you can put together your own team any way you want. You pay upfront (about R6000) and get team members to re-fund you if you don't feel like sponsoring them all. Also book your team accommodation ASAP and pay a deposit to secure it because a place to stay close to the start will become scarce very quickly.

If you want to ride on someone elses' team, then relax for now. There will be lots of teams looking for members. Check here on the Hub as well as on the DC website.

Whichever way you go, it is never too early to start training!

I suspect there may be some misunderstanding:

1. are you wanting to join a team.?

2. are you wanting to enter a team.?

Team entry only happens around October if I remember correctly.

Sells out quite quickly (over a weekend last year), so be ready when it opens.

If you are however just looking for a spot on a team, start here on the Hub or alternatively approach some of the clubs/groups in you area.

I want a spot on a team. So I guess I'll just chill for now and keep my eyes open

Thanks for the feedback guys.

If you want to buy a team entry, then sit with your finger ready to press the button on the day online entries open. Then you can put together your own team any way you want. You pay upfront (about R6000) and get team members to re-fund you if you don't feel like sponsoring them all. Also book your team accommodation ASAP and pay a deposit to secure it because a place to stay close to the start will become scarce very quickly.

If you want to ride on someone elses' team, then relax for now. There will be lots of teams looking for members. Check here on the Hub as well as on the DC website.

Whichever way you go, it is never too early to start training!

So how tough is it really? If you relate it to an Argus or 94.7. Is it like the step up from a marathon to Comrades?

So how tough is it really? If you relate it to an Argus or 94.7. Is it like the step up from a marathon to Comrades?

Depends how fast you want to go

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

How does one go about getting an entry into a team for the Coronation DC 2014. I've filled in my details on the site, but no feedback. Am I missing something?

It still three month to go till to go till dc. Just about all the teams will lose rider during the next three mth. After going for the first training ride some will realise they too slow. not fit enough etc. The best way to get a ride to to get fit and try a ride with as many teams on the road you can find and let them know you are looking for a spot. You should find a spot as the teams realize they not going to fill a team and riding with only 9 riders is hard work