28 spoke 29" rims

greatwhite

Hi All,

What options are you aware of in SA for 29" rims that have 28 spoke hole (I'm looking what options are available after a face plant.) 400-450g range for XC race use

Existing rim is 604 ERD and the same rim is not available from Scott/Probike currently (Syncros XR2.0 on a Scale 910) - ideally I would like to reuse spokes (per scott site, DT Aerocomp straightpull with red alloy nipples - which I suspect together cost more than the rim)

I looked at Velocity Blunt SL rims as an option, but turns out Coolheat haven't got stock of 28 holes and won't have for sometime.

Any other suggestions welcome - Thanks

I would try ZTR Crest 380g or Arch EX 460g not sure if TWT bring in the 28H versions? As for keeping the old spokes, sorry you got about a 2% chance.

Are the 2014 Roval sl not 28 spoke? Very light ( I would guess under 350gr), hookless/stronger rim and a lekker 23mm internal witdth.

I do not know their cost, but I do know they are sold here as a separate rim.

ZTR Crest has got 28H rims. I am using it for the last year now without any problems.

contact eldron

Already did before posting. He looked at a few options for me and he suggested the Blunt SL, but then found there is no stock.

I would try ZTR Crest 380g or Arch EX 460g not sure if TWT bring in the 28H versions? As for keeping the old spokes, sorry you got about a 2% chance.

Was looing at Arch EX - Crest is too light for me (or perhaps, I'm too heavy for them.... whatever) - Also unsure of 28 holes though - anyone know who are the agents?

Are the 2014 Roval sl not 28 spoke? Very light ( I would guess under 350gr), hookless/stronger rim and a lekker 23mm internal witdth.

I do not know their cost, but I do know they are sold here as a separate rim.

Aren't the Rovals carbon rims - with the hefty price? Thanks, but I'll have to give that a miss - trying to fix the wheel without getting myself a sad 'outsurance' wallet. A bit off topic, but I've hear some complaining about tyre mounting on these rims due to being hookless - any truth to that?

Carbon Chinese rims

Any experience with them, if so what? Also where do you get them (apart from China, obviously)