MTB choice??

gparsons

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under, the Talon is a nice bike albeit a bit heavy (although that means you must be stronger than the othersWink on lighter bikes). How long have you had it and when are you upgrading..... Would you buy it again or would you go Anthem if you could? Ta

gparsons: definitely go for the hardtail first.  Much better skills will be developed, then go for the full susser, can recommend a Titus Moto Lite.  falling is part of the game, but it likely happens when you do something real stupid or real slow (or both), and you'll do both at some point.

I have a Talon' date=' heavy as Holy said, but bullet proof.  Weighs in at 14.5 kg.[/quote']

damn dude! you probable still have the stock Tioga WireBead tyres on as well??/ Those things alone weigh 1.5kg:-PLOL

must admit,my bike a bit on the heavy side....  also 14,5kg.

but I use this for extreme training, until one day I upgrade to my 10,5kg full susser!!

J

So, most think I should go HT to improve my mtb skills - so the question remains Talon or XTC 2?? Is the XTC that much lighter?

gparsons, just one quick thought.....  are you at your ideal race weight?

I myself can lose another 10kg on myself before worrying about the 1kg at most 5k can give me on my bike.....

if not, by the time you reach ideal race weight you can upgrade to your dual suspension and then you will fly!

Yeah, your right about the weight thing, not too much over my fighting weight but definitely could be a little lighterSmile

I want to use it for everything, offroad and onroad (after a quick tyre change).

Thanks.

Rule off thumb:  Always go for the bike with the best specs within your budget....   better parts more important than a few hundred grams on a lighter frame....

IMO!  Wink

if you're riding off and on, and maybe do the odd commute or road race, go for the xtc. (although i still prefer the talon!)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - I made up my mind today after too long to go for the XTC...... Go to Cyclesphere, none on the floor but proudly ask if they can order me one..... sorry, demand for the XTC is nil so giant are only bringing in the XTC C0 frames at the momentCry So near and yet so far...... Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your dillema.Maybe next time you will choose your bike and only ask for the pro's and cons about said bike.That way you will get answers that makes sense to you and then you decide what to ride.

I started on a Specialized Epic and will not change to anything less than what I currently ride.Best of luck in tracking down that elusive mtb of yours.

My 0.02c
Onetime2008-03-20 11:51:30