DH World Cup #4 - Leogang

Stretch

Be interesting to hear the reason for the dsq

I'll ask him a bit later but I think he 'crashed' and went out of line because his time wasn't good when he came in.

Edited by hayleyearth

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask him a bit later but I think he 'crashed' and went out of line because his time wasn't good when he came in.

PS.... Another thing I've learnt from this WC is that GM isn't my fav anymore :D

Who is then?

Sam crashed and went off track but didnt return to track where he left. So that was him out.

He said he came in higher up from where he went out - but again - think about that - if you coming in higher up - you are NOT coming in where you went out.

Anyway ... shame ... it sucks - .... but rules are rules and I think they are good rules

And Stretch - You are thinking of SAM HILL .... we are talking about SAM BULL .... he is a Saffer ... and he is not protected.

Sam crashed and went off track but didnt return to track where he left. So that was him out.

He said he came in higher up from where he went out - but again - think about that - if you coming in higher up - you are NOT coming in where you went out.

Anyway ... shame ... it sucks - .... but rules are rules and I think they are good rules

are you for real?? LOOL damned if you, damned if you dont: and i thought the whole point of the rule was to prevent undue advantage with track excursions. him going higher up is self flagellation, and well within the spirit of the law. ai toggie.

sux.

And Stretch - You are thinking of SAM HILL .... we are talking about SAM BULL .... he is a Saffer ... and he is not protected.

Actually in my skim reading I thought Capricorn said Sam Dale...I had just had a quick glance at the qualie results then... But looking at them in detail now, I see he is there fine with no dsq...

Cap - with regards to the Off-track rule ...

The rule is not about advantage now as much as "course legality" (for want of a better term).

Previously when the rule said that you could stray off-course but return where-ever (AS LONG AS YOU HAVENT GAINED AN ADVANTAGE) is actually a crap rule and goes against the UCI rulebook which states that the ..

"The entire downhill course must be marked and protected using non-metallic, preferably PVC, stakes (slalom stakes) 1.5 to 2 meters high. "

"Racing occurs within the confines taped course and the fastest rider down the DESIGNATED course wins"

... So therefore if you are outside the tape you are outside the course being raced ...

The rule of "you return where you went out" is good as it means that - if you leave the track you HAVE to return to the same spot to continue your run or else you missed a part of the track ...

Or in Sam Bulls case - did a section twice.

i get the rule as it currently stands, but in all other forms of racing on a demarcated course, the purpose of a re-entry rule is to prevent undue advantage by course cutting. Dont see why DH has to be any different. If you re enter where you exited as a minimum, that's already a major loss, starting up any further is well, just own your silliness at work. why DSQ for silliness? UCI, union de contraire intelligence...

Sams DSQ was the UCI relying on the Marshall at that point who reported back to the UCI - he obviously took down Sams number and reported him.

so this was the discretion of the marshal who was told to report if a rider did not return to course where he/she went out.

But in any case - with that crash Sam would have been way off the Quali's pace anyway.

I agree though that it is stupid to dsq if you enter higher then you need to. What if you need to go one stake higher to get the necessary momentum to tackle an obstacle directly below

Edited by Stretch