• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Guess wrapping a short piece of old chain on the sprocket may prevent damage of the sprocket?

If it's a steel sprocket, it tends not to do anything to it, even without chain - grips just on the tip of the teeth...

So guys.... anyone been back to the track after the track day in December?

I'm actually waiting for the Gauteng Road season to end. Maybe VWE can run another beginners/intro session before May. Then after May, i'll start doing some races.

How about you? You been back?

The work done by Martin and Jeremy with the VWE Academy is impressive, and sorely needed. Makes me want to dust off my bike and join in!

The work done by Martin and Jeremy with the VWE Academy is impressive, and sorely needed. Makes me want to dust off my bike and join in!

Spent Sunday morning in the team car with Jezza, who was looking after the VWE trackies at Carnival. He's so enthusiastic about the academy!

On a side note, managed to hijack a telly at my local pub to watch the Madison final at worlds later that afternoon - pissing off some Liverpool supporters! :-) What a spectacle! Almost had me heading home to put some drops back on my fixie and joining Jezza, Martin and the guys at HNP.

I'm actually waiting for the Gauteng Road season to end. Maybe VWE can run another beginners/intro session before May. Then after May, i'll start doing some races.

How about you? You been back?

I second the motion for another intro session!

• 1 month later...

Is anyone going to be going as a spectator to the Champs? There doesn't seem to be a lot after 17:00.  Think i might go past on Saturday or Friday afternoon.  Any specific events anyone recommends watching?

Saturday will be great with Madison finishing the day. Also lots of Elite racing and Keirin.

But every day has good racing coveting ages and events.

Mainly Time trials and pursuits today, sprints tomorrow.

But check www.cyclingsa.com for schedule under track.

• 1 month later...

I saw the coolest thing today, on the CSA website on the SA Track Champs page, on the banner is a photo of one of the best female trackie cyclists in South Africa  ... so proud!

Edited by Cargyrl

Hi guys, reading this thread really got me excited to try track racing. From Pta . Any info on the Pilditch Velodrome and classes for newbies? Thx

Contact Sheldon Bole, he is quite involved in the Pilditch scene. On facebook there is a intro to track cycling being hosted by the Pilditch group. That is where I learnt to ride! What fun!

Hi guys, reading this thread really got me excited to try track racing. From Pta . Any info on the Pilditch Velodrome and classes for newbies? Thx

Pilditch is a crazy track. One of the steepest bankings in the world. Can be quite a scary place to learn track cycling. Enjoy!