How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first goal of 85kg is about to be realised. 85.6kg this AM. Like a boss!

I dropped from 97kg to 85/86kg (size 38/40 pants down to 34 and they busy loosening up as well) in a few months with Herbalife, goal is 80kg. Been hovering on 87kg for a while now and this morning I was under 86kg as well, must say it is a good feeling to be so much ligter and for about a month or two while hovering on 87kg I still managed to lose cm's around the waist.

I dropped from 97kg to 85/86kg (size 38/40 pants down to 34 and they busy loosening up as well) in a few months with Herbalife, goal is 80kg. Been hovering on 87kg for a while now and this morning I was under 86kg as well, must say it is a good feeling to be so much ligter and for about a month or two while hovering on 87kg I still managed to lose cm's around the waist.

Very similar pattern to me. Good going!

I am riding a fair amount. About 70km per week. My legs are definitely starting to show some decent muscle build. Could this be countering the weight loss effectively keeping me hovering at this weight?

The pains of getting in shape :)

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I doubt if 70 km a week will lead to serious muscle build except if it is uphill (20% gradient) at 50 rpm.

The reason that your legs "look" bigger is because that is the area were you will first 'SEE" fat loss. As a cyclist your leg muscles work harder than any other muscles, thus burning more fat rapidly. Next to follow will be your shoulders and upper arms, then chest and lastly the waist.

Muscles burn fat much faster than a diet (without exercise).

To gain muscle mass you have to eat a decent portion of protein combined with proper weight training. (5 sets of 6-8 reps per muscle group, 3x a week)

New weight after weighing myself yesterday 81kg 191cm(height). So thats 14kg! 

Been stuck on 85-83kg for about 3years now. Also cant where skinny fit jeans anymore.

Everything has gotten slimmer, except the thighs. 

started last October at 106kg, but my eating was really messed up so didnt loose much in the time. late March I changed my eating and have been following since and increased my cycling to about 8 hours a week.

Since then I am down 4kg in last 4 weeks, and feel soo much more alive and can feel a difference on the bike already. My goal is to get to under 90kg by August, doing it slow so its easier to maintain

another 2 kg down and back into double digits after about 8 years I think. Was 99 this morning. Goal is another 4 by end of June.

• 1 month later...

Hit a bumpy batch first 2 weeks of June. Moved back home and couldn't say no to Mums great good..

But Had to get back on track quickly and now down another 3kg since my last post. I'm going to push for 90by end July.

This has been from just cycling, and a gym session twice a week. Good diet and no weight loss supplements at all.

Yesterday I hit 82.4kg!

My first goal was 85kg. Next is 78kg. On track.

This from 95kg in April.

Riding has gotten easier and faster with the reduction in weight, and this week I started running again. No wobbly bits anymore :)

• 4 weeks later...

Consider this a free bump  :whistling:

I am new to the sport, and have completed around 7 rides (only about 110kms). My starting weight... *cough* 132kgs, and being 1.8m tall, and round is no longer the shape I want to be in. Beers and pastas are my weakness but have made progress in cutting those out. I dropped 5kgs in 3 weeks, but am now around 129kgs and hoping its muscle and water. My dimensions are definitely improving, and now looking at doing more cycling at home as weekend rides aren't cutting it. 

I have just completed my first "race" this past Saturday and felt stronger than the 1st time out, but with the Juma and 94.7 coming up (and a few more inbetween), I have a long way to go.

My goal weight at this point is 105kg (heaven help me), but I see lots of Hubbers have done it. Watch this space. :devil:

I read through the whole thread and have not found the amount of Kg's Froome has lost since he started cycling! Surely him or Michelle are on the hub :P

We are much nicer people than the French media :D

Consider this a free bump  :whistling:

I am new to the sport, and have completed around 7 rides (only about 110kms). My starting weight... *cough* 132kgs, and being 1.8m tall, and round is no longer the shape I want to be in. Beers and pastas are my weakness but have made progress in cutting those out. I dropped 5kgs in 3 weeks, but am now around 129kgs and hoping its muscle and water. My dimensions are definitely improving, and now looking at doing more cycling at home as weekend rides aren't cutting it. 

I have just completed my first "race" this past Saturday and felt stronger than the 1st time out, but with the Juma and 94.7 coming up (and a few more inbetween), I have a long way to go.

My goal weight at this point is 105kg (heaven help me), but I see lots of Hubbers have done it. Watch this space. :devil:

WELL DONE AND KEEP GOING!!!!

Nice to see this thread is coming alive again as we head deeper into winter and all get a little naafie on the bikes. 

I think the best I have seen is the little 68kg waif who rides with us on the weekends.  A few weeks back he pulls out a very tatty photo of some seriously overweight, unrecogniseable thug.  Who is that, we ask.  Oh that was me at 132kgs a few years back before I stared cycling. 

Total weight loss - 64kgs or 49% of himself!

For the record, he actually looks damn good and not too thin or anorexic.

Nice to see this thread is coming alive again as we head deeper into winter and all get a little naafie on the bikes. 

I think the best I have seen is the little 68kg waif who rides with us on the weekends.  A few weeks back he pulls out a very tatty photo of some seriously overweight, unrecogniseable thug.  Who is that, we ask.  Oh that was me at 132kgs a few years back before I stared cycling. 

Total weight loss - 64kgs or 49% of himself!

For the record, he actually looks damn good and not too thin or anorexic.

That is insane. Definitely committed to the cause with a strong mindset, an area I struggle with lol

Archived