Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Sounds like an interesting option. What are the costs like?

ZERO!!! Freeride is free for an hour on CVT. So no subscription required. Just need to find the videos.

PM me your email and I can perhaps help you there  :devil:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some help here please:

The power beam itself, the BSCBLE speed/cadence as well as the Viiiiva HRM are all connected under settings. The BSCBLE shows speed and cadence as it should when connecting. But when I calibrate there is no speed recorded.

OK ignore that and just do a workout. But it keeps putting on auto-pause presumably because it thinks I'm not moving.

Solutions before we head to the classifieds?

da395d3c5bc9b7f33926b69cd97027cb.png

45e7efdbc3e4b796eef2eea04b4a623b.png

Should the speed be showing in the powerbeam sensor as well? The screenshots are from the settings menu. Else it seems the speed/cadence works but doesn't talk to the software?

Joeboy,

I'm no expert, but have a look at your drum on the power beam. it should have a black sticker on the drum. I think this is used to measure speed.

Alternatively talk to the chaps at BICYCLE POWER. They will definitely sort you out.

Joeboy,

I'm no expert, but have a look at your drum on the power beam. it should have a black sticker on the drum. I think this is used to measure speed.

Alternatively talk to the chaps at BICYCLE POWER. They will definitely sort you out.

Thanks, can't recall if I saw something there but will check it out this pm [emoji1474]

Created a last minute 16km race - "Last Minute Bike Hub Race"  @ 18:45

Since there was no others - feel free to join - nice and flat spin out.

Created a last minute 16km race - "Last Minute Bike Hub Race"  @ 18:45

Since there was no others - feel free to join - nice and flat spin out.

The time Winter is coming.... :whistling: 

Thanks, can't recall if I saw something there but will check it out this pm [emoji1474]

Thought I would post an update here. The problem resolved itself when I used it 2 days later so don't know why it gave problems to start with.

This morning I was going along merrily when the auto pause came on. Kept cycling but it didn't go away. So stopped the workout and tried calibration, switch tablet on/off etc but now change.

Same situation as above where the speed/cadence shows values but the cycleops doesn't know about it.

Intermittent problems are the most frustrating kind there is :-(

da395d3c5bc9b7f33926b69cd97027cb.png

45e7efdbc3e4b796eef2eea04b4a623b.png

Should the speed be showing in the powerbeam sensor as well? The screenshots are from the settings menu. Else it seems the speed/cadence works but doesn't talk to the software?

We will try trouble shoot this via direct mail. sorry for only getting to this now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update for future reference:

Bicyclepower tried best to give advice, can't fault customer support. Matter resolved itself, same as last time. Intermittent errors are the worst, if I ever manage to pinpoint the culprit I will inform accordingly.

Now I need to finish a bloody challenge so I can go up a level, but they are all insane !!!!

OK, so I got myself a Wahoo Kickr and is trying out a few software packages.  Zwift is ok with all the people around and competition, but I need real routes and like CVT much more.  I think I will subscribe after my trial period expires.

Please add me as a friend if you use it regularly.  I am quite slow, but at least I can join events and try not to fall behind too far.

User name is also peekay

Update for future reference:

Bicyclepower tried best to give advice, can't fault customer support. Matter resolved itself, same as last time. Intermittent errors are the worst, if I ever manage to pinpoint the culprit I will inform accordingly.

Now I need to finish a bloody challenge so I can go up a level, but they are all insane !!!!

Did you check the black tape on the silver barrel? I know I ask before...

I have inaccurate speed and power reading because i removed the tape. If you train in a very bright environment the tape is important.

Hope it stays resolved.

Archived