Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody using Zwift now? :whistling:

On structured training plan.. still using CVT, but not been racing

Everybody using Zwift now? :whistling:

Not getting to the racing either currently.

Intervals on CVT on Monday, spinning on Tue and Thu, and crossfit on Wed (to strengthen the weakling muscles that caused my knee pain last year).

And then on the road Saterday (distance) and Sunday morning (intervals).

Seems to be an issue with the selections of trainers allowed since their recent site upgrade. Asked them to sort it out

Seems to be an issue with the selections of trainers allowed since their recent site upgrade. Asked them to sort it out

It seems that you can also no longer upload .fit files from one's Garmin to the new site?

Anyone else had issues with this?

It seems that you can also no longer upload .fit files from one's Garmin to the new site?

They came back to me. Apparently they do have a glitch with the online racing and they are working on it

I could also not download files from my garmin yesterday. It works now though

The cycleops training software is really going backwards. Not to mention the fees but there seems to be lots of bugs in their system lately. Can't post a online race, can't download files from garmin, can't get into your training diary to look at workouts. When my membership ends end of year I am out of here. Maybe its time for a kicker and new software!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Hubers.......

We have been in communication with the CVT developers RE the sub's as we did not realise that iTunes subs are R119.00 / mth or R1 199.00 per year. We were still under the impression that fees remained in US $ and at $7 / mth or $70 / year.

We have been informed that the increase in costs are due to a new system implemented by iTunes SA.

there are 2 options at the moment, users can purchase a premium membership on the cycleops.com portal at US $ rates, usually around US $ 10.00 per mth and then can add a second "family" member at zero extra costs. might be an idea to find a buddy to share the US $10 / mth sub fee's.

we (Bicycle Power Trading) are looking into buying codes in US $ and can then sell them to CVT users in ZAR, this may be more cost effective than the iTunes fee's.

We will keep you posted on this, 

The cycleops training software is really going backwards. Not to mention the fees but there seems to be lots of bugs in their system lately. Can't post a online race, can't download files from garmin, can't get into your training diary to look at workouts. When my membership ends end of year I am out of here. Maybe its time for a kicker and new software!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jaco,

From the developer:

Mike,

Most of problems that user reported where fixed during several hours after the server maintenance. Right now, we have some reports about download problem from old CVT desktop 3.6 and we are working on fix.

Garmin plugin is no more supported by Garmin (only via MS Internet Explorer 9,10,11 will work it, but no more support Chrome, FF, MS Edge…). So there is possibility to upload the fit / tcx files manualy only.

I think this user uses the CVT Desktop 3.6.X that is relatively old version and we recommend to all to switch into new CVT Desktop 4.

Btw. We speed up the web sites / upload / processing of routes significantly during last week.

Petr

Ing. Petr Samek

petr.samek@sportsofttiming.eu | petr.samek@virtualtraining.eu | +420 736 776 432 | skype: bigmuflon

VirtualTraining & SportSport Timing | Namesti Svobody 13 | 385 01 Vimperk | Czech Republic

Please let me know if you experience any further issues so that we can resolve it ASAP!

Hey Hubers.......

We have been in communication with the CVT developers RE the sub's as we did not realise that iTunes subs are R119.00 / mth or R1 199.00 per year. We were still under the impression that fees remained in US $ and at $7 / mth or $70 / year.

We have been informed that the increase in costs are due to a new system implemented by iTunes SA.

there are 2 options at the moment, users can purchase a premium membership on the cycleops.com portal at US $ rates, usually around US $ 10.00 per mth and then can add a second "family" member at zero extra costs. might be an idea to find a buddy to share the US $10 / mth sub fee's.

we (Bicycle Power Trading) are looking into buying codes in US $ and can then sell them to CVT users in ZAR, this may be more cost effective than the iTunes fee's.

We will keep you posted on this,

That will be useful. Wife and I tried this but failed (we use iPad version). Apparently not possible to upgrade through iTunes. We were told to do it on website and cancel iTunes. We were concerned that we would then lose the months remaining through the itunes purchase. But if this can work in some way it will more than halve my combined membership.

Yip the 50% increase was disappointing

Wide and I started sharing same iPad but still 2 accounts. Downloaded a video on her account but then didn't want to play when I logged in. Tried it on her account, when challenge starts it says downloaded but it remains a black screen.

Either it became confused with the multiple accounts on same device (anybody else have such a configuration) or the download failed. Any way to see if the download failed even if it says downloaded?

Wide and I started sharing same iPad but still 2 accounts. Downloaded a video on her account but then didn't want to play when I logged in. Tried it on her account, when challenge starts it says downloaded but it remains a black screen.

Either it became confused with the multiple accounts on same device (anybody else have such a configuration) or the download failed. Any way to see if the download failed even if it says downloaded?

No Idea! The bicycling power guys should be able to help. I see they actually do get back to you these days if you ask a question at the help desk on the software.

No Idea! The bicycling power guys should be able to help. I see they actually do get back to you these days if you ask a question at the help desk on the software.

We will look into this for you.

Archived