Need advice on Tyres for 26"

RABUBI

My Wife currently has Mavic Larsen TT's on het 26" cannondale.

Her complain is that she does not feel it has enough grip

So I am Looking for something with teeth that will grip like an Octopus in a corner...

Anything you can recomend

She is just an average middle to back marker at races and more of a runner than a cyclist. But we entered for the Namaqua quest MTB, so I need to get her fit for MTB.

Thanks

Assuming you haven't already, you could first try reducing the pressure.

Jip, did that

Maxxis Ardent maybe? (I would only put this on the front)

It comes in a nice high volume too, but if she is weight concious this might not be the best option.

I had Maxxis Crossmarks on my bike previously and decided to give the Maxxis Monorail a try. Have to say I'm happy with the grip of the tires. Maybe something to look at.

I don't think the problem is with the tyres. Perhaps confidence and/or riding style and with this I mean does she lean into corners or sit upright and take sharp turns? Larsen TT's are reasonably good tyres and unless you are riding really muddy stuff or cornering like mad on a technical course, tyres won't fix the problem.

specialized fast track controls 2bliss tyres . Great tyres on a 26er

This is one of the worst tyres on the market. The sidewalls are paper thin and cuts easily. It's only good if you plan riding on tar

I bought wirebead Continental X King 2.2 (rear) and Race King 2.2 (front) for my partner.

Buycycle usually has these on special for under R300.

hmm depends on how aggressive she want to be in corners. also is she weight conscious and scared of extra rolling resistance?

for me i would go WTB bronsen front and a wolverein back or perhaps a Weirwolf back but thats very aggressive.

other options, Conti race king back with x-king front for a more all mountain setup than xc or x-king back with mountain king front for very all mountain setup.

race king front and back for race type setup.

Swalbe nobly nic for good rolling and great grip but still heavy for a race rat type. Hans dampf for very heavy stick like fresh crap to velco type of ride.

Raching ralph very good but again a little more xc than i like.

sorry as you can see i ride AM so probable not much help but can Guarantee any of the setups i have mention will be like riding on rails compared to what she currently has.

I bought wirebead Continental X King 2.2 (rear) and Race King 2.2 (front) for my partner.

An observation I made is that most of the people I ride with that have punctures are with one of these.

(Accept for Super_mil, he can puncture/cut any tyre to pieces on any trail.)

If you buy Conti buy the Protection range.The wire bead tyres just tear apart.

We have those thick, thorn proof tubes in the tyre and a tyre liner. Had no punctures at all riding here in Magalies.