make a 2010 campag Derailleur look like a 2011 edition

Asterix

hi all

im bored and i love the all black look of the 2011 and current 11 speed campag deraileurs.

So my question is for all the machanics out there, can i essential rebuild an 11 speed 2010 model record rear derailleur with 2011 edition chorus parts (just the black alloy parts)

From what i see they look the same the Upper and Lower alu parts (essentially just do away with the chrome sections.

any advice and somebody willing to do this?

before:

post-5893-0-75586300-1403860964_thumb.png

after:

post-5893-0-00544000-1403860872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Asterix

I don't see why not. The only problem I can for see is the fixing locations for blots, springs, etc not being in the same place. Try get your hands on the engineering drawings of both derailleurs and have a look for changes.

I don't see why not. The only problem I can for see is the fixing locations for blots, springs, etc not being in the same place. Try get your hands on the engineering drawings of both derailleurs and have a look for changes.

Why make things so difficult?

Remove parts, sand, clean with sugar soap, spray with a metal primer and then a good quality spray can application of your favourite gloss black paint in a can.

Yes, you'll be without your RD for a couple of days while the paint hardens, but it'll be far cheaper and you're guaranteed to have success ito fitment and placement.

Strip the deraileur and have the parts anodized? Do you have a spare deraileur to donate parts? Why not just buy a new model deraileur?

If I had the tools and a spare deraileur I would love to attempt this with a Campy deraileur.

post-13716-0-17940800-1404148065_thumb.jpg

post-13716-0-88377700-1404148101_thumb.jpg