Seweweekspoort 2014

milky4130

Just as well nobody responded to my request for travel share, as it's the Same day as the old lady's birthday so I'm withdrawing from this event.

Did you perhaps have accommodation that you booked?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you perhaps have accommodation that you booked?

nah was going to stay at either the warmwaterbergspa or the dormitories close to the start, was going to make a final decision once I knew if I was bringing the family along or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok things just changed now, received an email this morning saying this is now the western cape xcm championships so potential Provincial Colours on the line here?

Ok things just changed now, received an email this morning saying this is now the western cape xcm championships so potential Provincial Colours on the line here?

But what about the missus's birthday milky?? :whistling:

Interesting choice for a provincial XCM championship, would have expected a more technical race for that. But would be nice to say I competed in the WP XCM championships ^_^

Old lady as in my mother. She would want me to do it.

I could potentially ride share with you. I just need to confirm my normal troop aren't coming along.

I have a VW Caddy van, so I could pick you up at around 6pm and drive through to get there after 9pm. Have you got accommodation sorted? I still need to book, somewhere quiet... Any recommendations?

I could potentially ride share with you. I just need to confirm my normal troop aren't coming along.

I have a VW Caddy van, so I could pick you up at around 6pm and drive through to get there after 9pm. Have you got accommodation sorted? I still need to book, somewhere quiet... Any recommendations?

Awesome PM me your contacts & we can sort something out. Bear in mind, I'm doing k2c on Sunday & will make a final call after I see how the fractured finger holds up

btw no accommodation as yet, but  was considering the 2 bed dorms close to the start venue?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone able to give me and my bike a lift from Ladismith to the start on Saturday morning?

was thinking of cycling through as a nice warmup, will hear who all is keen on that idea, if not check in here tomorrow evening & we can make a plan, I'm staying at the Kos Huis Langenhoven Skool which is at the finish I believe.

I will be there! Few friends making a wknd out of it.

nice, I miss those days, unfortunately it's just in & out for me.

Wow, must have been a 1000 people at the event and barely a mention on thehub, and here I thought hubbers are representative of our cycling community  :whistling:

Anyway, I thought it was a fun event as usual, still the easiest 80km race I have done. Was a bit late so had to start at the back, the slower start meant that I got my pacing right for a change (even though by accident...). Finished quite strongly for a change & enjoyed the scenery and camaraderie.

If you can live with a bit of rustic I can highly recommend camping or staying at Warmwaterberg, the whole campsite was filled with cyclists, almost had a racing village vibe going there and cooling down (& warming up) in the pools afterwards was great!

How did it go Milky?

terrible must have been one of my worst, discovered on Friday evening that my cassette is worn, I could sit & peddle but couldn't power in any of my gears as a result I Missed the bunch just as Lourens Luus & Arno attacked probably in the first 5kms i.e. the first tiny sandy section. Then to make matters worse I punctured luckily I just had to bomb it, just in time to latch onto the 3rd chasing bunch. Finished about 10-20mins behind the winner.

Will hopefully be back again next year with my rigid fork again.

How was your race?

Archived