[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticket paid. Is there seeding or mass start. Where is the route profile and map??

These Nissan races ared seeding start (probably 800+ riders in the marathon).

Wessel wil probably post profile in the week before the race.

Ticket paid. Is there seeding or mass start. Where is the route profile and map??

Profile looks something like this: _________________/\_ (That's a very small bump at the end.)

So if this one is flat I'll be able to improve a few seeding points. Lets just hope the winds are not blowing as they are today cos it could turn those long straights into suffer fests.

Hof do it go for the 75km

I'm gradually moving up..Need to do a tubeless conversion before I hit the full marathons.

I'm gradually moving up..Need to do a tubeless conversion before I hit the full marathons.

You do know there are guys in Pretoria that will help with this. And not saying take it to the bicycle shop. There are people that will help. And it is easy. Just get rim tape, snot and valves.

So if this one is flat I'll be able to improve a few seeding points. Lets just hope the winds are not blowing as they are today cos it could turn those long straights into suffer fests.

The course profile should not change how you are seeded, because your seeding is measured against your fellow competitors times. If they fast as well on a flat course, then your seeding stays the same as for a hilly course. Only way to get a better seeding is to get better than your competitors.

It will as I suck at riding technical stuff and it always breaks my freaking bike. I will fair better agains fellow competitors in this as in other races because it suits my skills level better. I need more riding time in the mountains I know but it just costs to much in repairs mainly because I am too fat. But slowly I am getting the hang of it.

I think I will do twice as good placement wise as in previous races. Well lets see.

It will as I suck at riding technical stuff and it always breaks my freaking bike. I will fair better agains fellow competitors in this as in other races because it suits my skills level better. I need more riding time in the mountains I know but it just costs to much in repairs mainly because I am too fat. But slowly I am getting the hang of it.

I think I will do twice as good placement wise as in previous races. Well lets see.

I can relate to the weight thing. I don't weigh 70 kg's. The technical stuff is just about sticking with it. Don't be shy to walk an obstacle. Ask me because the alternative is falling and hurting yourself means less riding and fixing bikes can get expensive.

The thing i have learnt with the technical stuff is don't hesitate because then you are buggered. Momentum is your friend on the technical stuff as funny as that sounds.

The other thing is tyre pressures with heavier riders. Riding with very hard tyres to compensate for your weight back fires. Lower your tyre pressures because the technical stuff gets easier with tyres that are not rock hard. Your whole ride experience with lower tyre pressures is better.

Agreed.

I weigh 162kg,and I smacked all trails,especially technical.

Just practice,and follow successful peoples advice.

Chris

I can relate to the weight thing. I don't weigh 70 kg's. The technical stuff is just about sticking with it. Don't be shy to walk an obstacle. Ask me because the alternative is falling and hurting yourself means less riding and fixing bikes can get expensive.

The thing i have learnt with the technical stuff is don't hesitate because then you are buggered. Momentum is your friend on the technical stuff as funny as that sounds.

The other thing is tyre pressures with heavier riders. Riding with very hard tyres to compensate for your weight back fires. Lower your tyre pressures because the technical stuff gets easier with tyres that are not rock hard. Your whole ride experience with lower tyre pressures is better.

I am working on it but it is all about the time and money. Broken derailleurs, hangers, tyres and chains nails me on races every time. My hardtail is also not that forgiving in the Magaliesberg events. That why I look forward to a race where nothing goes wrong for a change so I can improve my seeding.

Archived