[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic, this is how the cable ties came out the sealed envelope !

Explanation guesses please !!

Mine as well

Yip my cable ties also broke. I enjoyed a technical disaster free ride for a change - Thx Karma! The new climb was good. Nothing technical but at the end of a long drag. Good Stuff. Well marked and marshalled. Still lots of district road and wind but that is city dirtroadie riding for you. Missed my sub 3 by seconds. Happy taking my crap training program into account. I need more Virtual Racing nights.

Nice and well done.

1. New climb = slow poison (but rideable)

2. Experienced chain failure during climb - fixed (luckily no humour loss): Karma Plan A

3. Did spectacular OTB with scorpion layout at turn onto road (the one with the loose sand) just after climb (note to self - MTB cannot make 90 degree turn at speed): Karma Plan B

4. Helped petite damsel (and her man partner) with a tjoop, and then also a bomb. Awesome smile - testosterone boost and energy levels stabilzed (pick a finger Karma) - FEEL GOOD moment.

5. Informal discussions with fellow riders alternated with putting the hammer down.

In summary: nice route, enjoyed the ride but lost my rhythm......luckily weather was actually nice to ride in.

Cough-cough........trying to get rid of all the dust in nose and throat.

Rest well fellow cyclist.........for tomorrow we train again.

PS: Cell phone app (My Tracks) indicate 70.6km.

Bryton indicates 71.2 km

You and Karma have a tumultuous affair.

I can usually biatch slap her with back-up plans......but today she teased me with her personality. Just embrace it and move on.

If it was a hubber that picked up my wallet somewhere after last waterpoint on marathon and gave it to commisaires @ finish with credit card and money all there. I thank you. Mtbers really are brilliant people

Well this sucks..I finished the half marathon and had my SAS board scanned but not seeing my results on the jumpertrax website????? Really enjoyed the race but not knowing my time etc deems it useless.. :thumbdown:

Well this sucks..I finished the half marathon and had my SAS board scanned but not seeing my results on the jumpertrax website????? Really enjoyed the race but not knowing my time etc deems it useless.. :thumbdown:

Happened to me with the last race.

I sent an email to jumpertrax on the Monday and they sorted it out. I assume you had a device which recorded your time. They were helpful.

hope they can help me aswell..I use endomondo and my bycicle computer..still saving up for a desent garmin device.

The 20 was well anything from 21 to 16 km. Think I forgot to start the phone to record.

Lots of little hero's on the trail.

Almost lost the GoPro, and friend that I went with, had the first cycle ever.

The trip on the bike home (kiss my butt suckers in your cars) was an absolute joy. Bike computer reads about 42km for today.

Oh and time on computer was 0:59:46

Nice race and enjoyed the climb, but had some trouble keeping my front wheel down, and then had trouble keeping the momentum up because everyone kept slowing down on the climb (not that I complain, just need to get better seeding for the next time I do this climb).

Weather played along nicely and enjoyed the event (and the Bavaria at end).

Another highlight was that I finished in time to cheer my wife and son when they crossed the finish for the 10.

2nd in batch nice !! I was a couple of mins back.....

Thanks man. I'm very happy with the result. Would have liked a sub 3, but I'll just have to train harder!

Archived