M

301 202

Sub-veteran

+00:40:43

Finished

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a 2.18 for the half riding with a friend...it was a nice change to see the race from a different perspective..

Yip, almost no pics. I had a good one, for me, 3:17m from C batch which included a front wheel puncture that I plugged. First race, post TransBaviaans, on HT 29er, used to ride a 26er DualSus.

Who is doing Crater Cruise in 2 weeks?

I want to enter the marathon, just not sure how much more difficult it is, compared to yesterday's marathon.

Looking forward to this as it will be my second race.

Frans from Jumpertrax just uploaded my results for me..Great service! Thanks very much!

I was one of the unlucky ones that did not get a time due to technical problems... Oh well. At least Strava worked.

Send them a mail with your strava time..I sent a mail to them on Saturday after the race and they replied on the Sunday and uploaded my results..Was very impressed

Aggenee mense, complaining about dust, corrugated iron road surfaces and rocks? This is a mountainbike race (and a relatively easy one) and not a ride through the suburbs. I thought it was a good one...the addition of more farm and dirt roads is understandable given the fact that that this race used to be plaqued by hectic bottle necks at some single-track sections. The new climb was fun, I would love to ride it downhill though!

If I were to add a wishlist item for the race I would ask for more technical sections. Next, Crater Cruise.

Started in D and despite quite a few mates having mechanicals, it was a good day out on the bike. After the 3rd mechanical we decided to all just ride together and help each other out, was much more enjoyable than bleeding for 69kms.

Much Much more forgiving route than Hakahana but a couple more technical bits or single track would've been nice.

Another well organized event by the organizers and well stocked water points again!

I'll definitely be back for more Trailseeker events.

PS How crazy was that wind that lifted all those umbrellas and gazebo at the finish area!! :eek:

Anyone know how to get hold of the photos? I had to leave straight after the race.There was probably a stall that I didn't know about.

Aggenee mense, complaining about dust, corrugated iron road surfaces and rocks? This is a mountainbike race (and a relatively easy one) and not a ride through the suburbs. I thought it was a good one...the addition of more farm and dirt roads is understandable given the fact that that this race used to be plaqued by hectic bottle necks at some single-track sections. The new climb was fun, I would love to ride it downhill though!

If I were to add a wishlist item for the race I would ask for more technical sections. Next, Crater Cruise.

Saying "I feel for the guys on their HTs because of that corrugated section" is NOT a moan, its saying that I damn happy that I had a dualie. The fact that the race had lots of roads was a reason I did it. As a "roadie" I need these "non-technical" races to learn a bit and I can only make up time on the Ooms on climbs and gravel roads because they kill me on the single track stuff, so I liked the gravel roads very much. I thought is was a GREAT race and will be back for more from these organisers. Just remember, observations are not always moans..... :) Now, where is that that number for the Tread Skills Course.

Trick with corrugated road is. Make those tires hard. Block out the suspension. Get the ass off the seat and peddle fast. I promise you won't feel it if your ass is not in the seat.

Archived