[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

Have a spare chain you keep lubed up just for racing. Both my previous races had chain problems. There is no need for that. You might also need to check you cassette as the two start acting up at the same time.

I buy 3 chains at a time. One chain on the bike, one lubed one on the shelf, and one in your cleaning solution of choice. Swap chain about every 60-180 km depending on conditions. I find that this substantially increased the life of cassettes and chainrings. Think about it. If the chain is the dirtiest, fastest wearing part on the drive system, and wears the chainrings and cassette, if you have 3 of them, the whole system lasts 3 times longer.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the chains clean. I have done 3000km on my MTB XTR chain (including a W2W and SANI2C) and more than 6000km on Road bike SRAM Red chain. But I clean them every week.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the chains clean. I have done 3000km on my MTB XTR chain (including a W2W and SANI2C) and more than 6000km on Road bike SRAM Red chain. But I clean them every week.

What do you use for cleaning? or how do you clean it?

Are they loading more pictures or just the finish line photos?

where are these photos you speak of? I cannot recall seeing photographers during the ride. 

Also wondering if they are goin g to upload more pics..There were two photographers on the half marathon..

Hope they load more too, and not of the finish line. I did see a photographer on course on the half....

Anyone have any luck finding their photo's?

I can't find on any number I have at the moment.  And did a sweep of the 52 Pages.  I do not see a very fat dude on a Scott wearing Netcare gear...

Even tried my SAS number

I sent Jumpertrax an email about this on the weekend.

There were problems with the photos being allocated to race numbers or individuals. Same applied to the Pioneer run and one of the DualX events.

Guest notmyname

I can't believe there's still dudes rolling on tubes. Why? ???

Archived