Build and sell or break up and sell?

Rouxenator

I got a new frame under warranty and I still have bits and pieces to build up a complete bike. In the end I want to sell it all so what is the best way to do this?

Is it best to first put all the pieces together and sell it as a complete bike or to keep the parts separate and sell individually?

Depends on the bike and parts but generally you will get more selling off the individual parts - as Jigghead says a bit more admin

Depends on the bike - a lot of current bikes you can often sell for near the sum of the parts, but if you have a mismatched or older bike, it often pays to split the parts. I've just split up my old MTB. From comparison on the hub I estimated I could get R6k. Split up I could get over 10k. So far I have sold most of the bits and got just short of 5k, but still have to sell, wheels, brakes and frame. At this point my estimates on parts appear a little optimistic, but I should get R9k, so for a few hours stripping and cleaning and posting ads, R3k is a reasonable return (remembering you are likely to clean and service the bike anyway and in the OPs case the bike is already stripped - double bonus). If you are unsure, do yourself a spreadsheet of all the part and what you can realistically get for them and compare it to what you think you can get built up - 20 min work. The key is to try to look at it from the typical buyers perspective and see what value they will perceive. Good Luck

I would say split it up, you should get more for it, but more admin too.

Build it up aaaand.... "You can never have too many bikes" - Many hubbers.