Tubeless seal broken

Cois

My brother decided to take my bike for a spin, just before he left for CT. But in the proses of having one wheel on the ground for 500 meters he broke the tyre seal (wheels were flat at that moment)

So wheel lost all pressure.

Not a big deal, but now it does not want to seal again.

Will it be best to remove the tyre from the rim, and redo the Stans seal and all that.

I added a bit of Stans this weekend, but it did not help as the wheel was flat again yesterday morning.

You may need to use a compressor to give a big initial burst or air to start sealing the tyre. Sometimes, especially if the tyre has been sitting flat for some time, pumping with a floor or hand pump just results in the air escaping past the tyre before giving the type the right shape and getting it to seal.

If you don't have a compressor you can try fiddling with the tyre to make it fit better against the rim and pumping vigorously. But you might struggle especially if the old sealant is sticking the tyre to itself, giving it a funny shape.

Got it to create the initial seal with a hand pump.

Just need it to keep the air in.

Even a ride around the block did not help much. Maybe a good excuse for a longer ride...

Got it to create the initial seal with a hand pump.

Just need it to keep the air in.

Even a ride around the block did not help much. Maybe a good excuse for a longer ride...

pump it to the max and listen for the "pop" sound when the bead seats

Thanks Fanievb. Will give it a bash and see if I can get it sealing. I knocked it on the ground and on its side, but maybe it wasn't enough. Will check tonight if I can get it to seal.

Thanks Fanievb. Will give it a bash and see if I can get it sealing. I knocked it on the ground and on its side, but maybe it wasn't enough. Will check tonight if I can get it to seal.

You could try some higher pressure as well, I use non tubeless Schwalbe's, pumped them up to about 40 PSI for 3 days in a row rotating and moving them around to get them to seal nicely.

Just came from the garage. Pushed 4bar in the tyre. Bounced it round, turned every which way, much to the enjoyment of the little black kids here (they think I am crazy)

Will see tomorrow morning if it took hold. Rear wheel is fine, just the front always giving me trouble