Cycling off road down Cedar rd, Broadacres

Diesel engine

Ladies and Gents

While cycling, off road down Cedar rd, Broadacres this afternoon I had the most unpleasant scenario. While traveling at about 30km/h I hit 3 strands of wire which have put up accross a path which many cyclists/runners and motorcross riders use.

I was lucky enough to be warned at the very last minute, I tucked in my head so it caught me on the top of my helmet, nose and arms.

It is right outside the Chartwell Village Church. Please warn other MTB'ers in the Area...

post-40697-0-52772800-1405497442_thumb.jpg

post-40697-0-11262200-1405497470_thumb.jpg

post-40697-0-22113900-1405497508_thumb.jpg

Edited by Diesel engine

Holy crap! I ride there often! Glad you're OK. I wish I could catch the people putting that up....

EISHHHH that's no good.im glad you are ok! Just carry a small pair of Pliers and cut that wire down! Carry a pair of pliers and cut all snares you see anywhere too. same thing happens to animals.

Wow. Thanks for the heads' up (and glad for no heads off :wacko: ) . Also ride there often and I'm the type that doesn't pay attention to possible things like that.

I'll try post the pics again, the wire is too thick to clip. It's outside the Chartwell Village Church, they put up the wire.......I think to hang **** on?

Or you could just contact the Church and ask them nicely to take it down. I sent them a message on Facebook.

Keep us posted, this is crazy that the wires seem to be outside their boundary wall. At the very least, they should be hanging something on the wires to warn the peeps.

Perhaps a local entrepreneur / hawker using the wire to display their wares?

I Can believe that