Wolseley MTB Challenge - 26 July

Rydogg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is riding tomorrow? It is extremely wet here in Paarl. Just want to race, but this weather, eish man.

Still trying to make up my mind. Will maybe take a drive there but if it's to wet come back for the idt

So who is riding tomorrow? It is extremely wet here in Paarl. Just want to race, but this weather, eish man.

I was out when the final wistle ended the semi qualifier game last Saturday

Edited by BrandonF

So who raced? Really interested to know what conditions were like, and what the route was like. I am always sad when i miss a race due to bad weather.

Seker iets soos dit gelyk! Eerste foto laat my dink aan modder plas net soos jy uit dorp uit is en van hoofpad afdraai. Twee jaar gelede het n ou homself ook so geface plant daar. Ha ha

post-39156-0-92189100-1406384041_thumb.jpg

post-39156-0-00341400-1406384051_thumb.jpg

post-39156-0-61814700-1406384059_thumb.jpg

Was a great race, but very cold.

I did the 50 and only got rained on during the last 10 km but the new route was fantastic.

There were some nice climbs and even a pretty technical climb and decent downhill.

Mostly on jeep track but considering conditions a good idea.

There was quite a strong river at one point where the farmers had placed 3 tractors and tied two ropes between the tractors, one at waist level and one at shoulder height so we could hang on for dear life while those of us lighter competitors had to hang on to keep from doing white water rafting, sonder the raft!

I enjoyed the route.

Was a great race, but very cold.

I did the 50 and only got rained on during the last 10 km but the new route was fantastic.

There were some nice climbs and even a pretty technical climb and decent downhill.

Mostly on jeep track but considering conditions a good idea.

There was quite a strong river at one point where the farmers had placed 3 tractors and tied two ropes between the tractors, one at waist level and one at shoulder height so we could hang on for dear life while those of us lighter competitors had to hang on to keep from doing white water rafting, sonder the raft!

I enjoyed the route.

I swim during Summer. Sounds hideous. How does one get warm after getting your entire body soaking? and how much mud was there en route???

I had a much better day - Cadence threshold test and then spent half my salary on a base layer, bib shorts and fitting computer sensors to my road bike.

Edited by CleatsnCleavage

Finishers 75km =21

50km =41

What, we should hav gone guys. We could have gotten podium, especially milky, brandon f and copperhead. I really really really feel sorry for the organisers. Honestly, I think July and August races are always affected by rain. Pitty.

What, we should hav gone guys. We could have gotten podium, especially milky, brandon f and copperhead. I really really really feel sorry for the organisers. Honestly, I think July and August races are always affected by rain. Pitty.

....and the Sharks didn't make it any better #crapsaturday#