27.5" advice needed

tseries

Hi there, I am posting on behalf of my father who is technically challenged. He is looking at a 27.5" either Pyga(attached) or a Giant Anthem Advanced. He does 30/40/50km leisure rides a couple of times a week and does races fairly often although not competively. He weighs about 80kg and is 5'10". Any advice would be appreciated. He is currently riding a BMC.

Thanks in advance

post-60890-0-02713900-1406109034_thumb.jpg

PYGA. No contest. Even though I'm a fervent Giant fan, the PYGA is the more versatile bike of the 2 for sure. Can be reliably pedalled for days, and thrown down as many technical trails as you want. Slacker head angle and slightly more suspension travel on the PYGA will give him FAR more confidence on the tricky bits.

PYGA. No contest. Even though I'm a fervent Giant fan, the PYGA is the more versatile bike of the 2 for sure. Can be reliably pedalled for days, and thrown down as many technical trails as you want. Slacker head angle and slightly more suspension travel on the PYGA will give him FAR more confidence on the tricky bits.

Completely agree :thumbup:

Where does one buy PYGA in Johannesburg area or East Rand? I want to replace my GT Karakoram hard-tail 29er and considering either Spez Camber or PYGA (although the guys from Cyclelab was telling me to stay with GT due to easy spares availability). Any thoughts?

Where does one buy PYGA in Johannesburg area or East Rand? I want to replace my GT Karakoram hard-tail 29er and considering either Spez Camber or PYGA (although the guys from Cyclelab was telling me to stay with GT due to easy spares availability). Any thoughts?

So when you buy a car do you go for Toyota or VW because of parts availability or the best car for your money? And which parts exactly? Pivots? Hanger?

Pyga is a local brand and easily ships around the country.

http://www.pygaindustries.com/dealers.html

My wife's Pascoe frame has arrived in Jhb. :clap:

Probably be built by the weekend.

Basically, he was talking spit

I know this is opening a can of worms and the car comparison will feature somewhere but I haven't managed to ride either the PYGA or the Spez (put the Trek un the mix) and really not sure which one to buy?

I know this is opening a can of worms and the car comparison will feature somewhere but I haven't managed to ride either the PYGA or the Spez (put the Trek un the mix) and really not sure which one to buy?

PYGA. Better suspension design.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but really really consider the silverback slider as an option. Had two of these to test now over the last couple of months and it is a bike that just keeps impressing me in bike feel and handling with great suspension action.

I am a big fan of this bike now

Pyga is a better trail bike due to more travel, but I would say the Anthem is the more versatile bike because it is a better racer but also very good down the trails.