• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Some feedback from the advendurance team:

• Fotos: www.jetlineactionphoto.com
  • The routes changed probably 3 times in the two weeks leading up to the first event, hence no profiles. Learnt allot, routes should be nailed soon this time.
  • We are changing allot of things for the second event onwards, and have learnt allot from our first duathlon.
  • Leaders that went wrong in the half: They followed the quarter board instead of the half board. Basically at out events you should always follow the board that if for the distance that you entered. We change the boards as the race progresses, in other words, many people are used to follow the full boards the first time around then the half boards for the second time on the run. With us it's not the case, this will be briefed better in the future, and included in documentation and route descriptions.
  • Marshalls at splits: there's good reason we don't use marshalls at splits, marshalls are not there to show you where to go, instead they are there to see that the race progresses like it should. But with the confusion, with people not understanding that they should always follow their distance signs we had to step in to make sure people were indeed going where they should be going.

In short: More split coming up signage, better communication with participants & briefing regarding signage and the flow of the event.
  • We are doing away with competitive teams, there will only be a recreational team option going forward and they will start with the C batch. There will be no prizes or prize money for this.
  • Brats and quarter will start first thing in the morning around about 08:00. Once they are out of the way will the full start and then the half.
  • We will time the groups better and allow areas on route for overtaking.
  • Prize giving will essentially be split in two, looks like it will be about 11:00 for overall full / 11:15 Half overall 11:30 kids overall brats & quarter 12:00 All other Categories.
  • Categories will also be trimmed quite a bit for prize giving.
  • Better control at transition
  • Better registration layout

We read all your responses and take everything to heart. We want you to have the best event and experience possible. :)

Hey guys,

Some feedback from the advendurance team:

• Fotos: www.jetlineactionphoto.com
  • The routes changed probably 3 times in the two weeks leading up to the first event, hence no profiles. Learnt allot, routes should be nailed soon this time.
  • We are changing allot of things for the second event onwards, and have learnt allot from our first duathlon.
  • Leaders that went wrong in the half: They followed the quarter board instead of the half board. Basically at out events you should always follow the board that if for the distance that you entered. We change the boards as the race progresses, in other words, many people are used to follow the full boards the first time around then the half boards for the second time on the run. With us it's not the case, this will be briefed better in the future, and included in documentation and route descriptions.
  • Marshalls at splits: there's good reason we don't use marshalls at splits, marshalls are not there to show you where to go, instead they are there to see that the race progresses like it should. But with the confusion, with people not understanding that they should always follow their distance signs we had to step in to make sure people were indeed going where they should be going.

In short: More split coming up signage, better communication with participants & briefing regarding signage and the flow of the event.
  • We are doing away with competitive teams, there will only be a recreational team option going forward and they will start with the C batch. There will be no prizes or prize money for this.
  • Brats and quarter will start first thing in the morning around about 08:00. Once they are out of the way will the full start and then the half.
  • We will time the groups better and allow areas on route for overtaking.
  • Prize giving will essentially be split in two, looks like it will be about 11:00 for overall full / 11:15 Half overall 11:30 kids overall brats & quarter 12:00 All other Categories.
  • Categories will also be trimmed quite a bit for prize giving.
  • Better control at transition
  • Better registration layout

We read all your responses and take everything to heart. We want you to have the best event and experience possible. :)

Thanks Guys, You setting the bar high for other event organisers.

Programme has been release with start times for #2.

Biggest change is that there will be no elite teams, only recreational relay teams. (meaning no prize money or prestige)

Recreational relay teams will start with the last batch of each distance.

// PROGRAMME

Time: Batch: Info:

07:00 - 09:50 Registration at Venue

07:30 Individual & Teams - "All" DualX Quarter / Kids 8 - 12

07:40 "All" DualX Brats / Kids 4 - 7

08:30 Individual - "A" DualX Full Distance

08:35 Individual - "B" DualX Full Distance

08:40 Individual - "C" & Recreational Relay Teams DualX Full Distance

09:20 Individual - "A" DualX Half Distance

09:25 Individual - "B" & Recreational Relay Teams DualX Half Distance

10:00 Overall - DualX Brats & Quarter Distance Prize Giving

10:30 Overall - DualX Full Distance Prize Giving

11:30 Categories - DualX Full Distance Prize Giving

12:00 Overall - DualX Half Distance Prize Giving

Guest Travis.

Any idea when the Jumpertrax website's member's result page will work? Seems like a DB query error.

Any idea when the Jumpertrax website's member's result page will work? Seems like a DB query error.

Hi Travis,

You can mail them by info@jumpertrax.com. We don't have anything to do with their business. I have also asked them in the mean time, I'm sure they are just upgrading some things.

Just heard that King Alton will throw his hat into the New-Fathers Unofficial Highveld Duathlon Championships of the WORLD!!!!

Sources have said that construction of his new `Dream Destroying` machine is underway as we speak.

Perhaps now is the time to align with the lesser of 2 evils and join forces with Eldron in our quest for The Greater Good!

Edited by Vinnydabutcher

Do it, Do it, Do it!

Missus will be doing 5150 as prep for Kona so I might just - my running is way off, but I think I should be ok on the bike....

haha, in all the excitement of the new fatherhood craziness, I managed to forget to pay for my 5150 bela-bela entry.. I have now entered (and paid) for hakahana! I must say in a way I am relieved, as I haven't swam since Feb and I am keen to tame my newly refurbed and upgraded beast...

Just heard that King Alton will throw his hat into the New-Fathers Unofficial Highveld Duathlon Championships of the WORLD!!!!

Sources have said that construction of his new `Dream Destroying` machine is underway as we speak.

Perhaps now is the time to align with the lesser of 2 evils and join forces with Eldron in our quest for The Greater Good!

I'm going run the first 5km like an Ethiopian chicken then switch KingAlton into an abyss when he tries to overtake me on the bike. Job done :clap:

I'm going run the first 5km like an Ethiopian chicken then switch KingAlton into an abyss when he tries to overtake me on the bike. Job done :clap:

haha - luckily I will never have to pass you on the bike.... :ph34r:

Not being cycling fit, I died on that 30km, and then got cramps on the vastus whatever !

I assume Hakahana will be the same?

Depends. The FULL Mtb is very fair. There are two tough-ish climbs but both on dual-track so bunching shouldnt be a problem. The rest is flowy and fun, almost entirely on contour with a few small surprises. It will still test you.