Momentum Health DualX 2, Hakahana!

Traverse

I have a full entry available - sprained my ankle last night when training - :(:(

stuff that I am going

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first one - liked it except at the end when the slower/short distance and faster/longer distance people get onto one trail for the MTB - its frustrating for both slow and faster riders , but Ill be back for more on no 3

Another great event! Johan, routes was perfect. Bietjie van alles. A lot less people doing the full this time vs Heia (279 vs 560). Wonder why? People scared of hakahana or another event on same day / 5150 tomorrow??

First run was proper and good. Better then the mountaineering at Heia. Bike leg was tough with some proper climbs - hakahana style :-)

Last run was good - not the survival of Heia - at least "runnable". Managed a 2:25. Chuffed seeing that i haven't been on the bike since taking a major tumble 3 weeks ago and damaging AC joint in right shoulder. The. stumbled over rock today and fell on same shoulder; eish!!!

2 weeks to Dualx 3; should be another great event!

Well done Wessel/Johan on routes today; the little bit of traffic (when full joined other races) wasn't so bad. Here or there a slight hold-up but all good.

See u all for #3

I did full last time and half this time.... Purely as last time the run knocked me.. But when o finished i was still fresh and really pee'd that i didn't do full.

Was my 1st time at haka and was scared of technical route as thats war i have been led to believe. Not a drop of technical on the half:(

great race and great route, only problem was the routes joining.. it really slowed us down lot on the bike, had long single track sections with little opportunity to pass.. will be back for the next though..

I'd like to say thank you to the riders who stopped and helped my brother who dislocated his shoulder on the second big downhill. Especially lucky to have some with phones with GPS so the paramedics could find you. Was a crazy place to get to.

Luckily after x-rays, nothing is broken although he is in serious pain. He is recovering at home.

Thanks again to the paramedics and organizers, but especially to those who sacrificed their time to assist.

Anyway. Great race, see you all in 2 weeks!

Edited by MarcBurger

any idea where we can get results ?

I did a night trail run this week and got the results on a sms on my way home - great and possible with technology.Love the app , but then it should be used to communicate things like results on the same day of the event

Cmon Fritz we are the instant generation we want it now :)

Same day

any idea where we can get results ?

I did a night trail run this week and got the results on a sms on my way home - great and possible with technology.Love the app , but then it should be used to communicate things like results on the same day of the event

Cmon Fritz we are the instant generation we want it now :)

Same day

Got my sms before I left venue. Check your cell nr on entry.

Results was out hour after event: jumpertrax.co.za

Got my sms before I left venue. Check your cell nr on entry.

Results was out hour after event: jumpertrax.co.za

thanks (they can also use the app - my first point of call)

Edited by Heel Drop

To sum up this event....perfect

easy to park, well organised, challenging run #1 and cycle but serious fun.

The bike leg with few bottle necks and mix of district road and single track was unreal

thanks alot.

I'd like to say thank you to the riders who stopped and helped my brother who dislocated his shoulder on the second big downhill. Especially lucky to have some with phones with GPS so the paramedics could find you. Was a crazy place to get to.

Luckily after x-rays, nothing is broken although he is in serious pain. He is recovering at home.

Thanks again to the paramedics and organizers, but especially to those who sacrificed their time to assist.

Anyway. Great race, see you all in 2 weeks!

Glad to hear he is ok. IT was uncanny that he fell on the most inaccessible part of the trail. I noticed when we picked up the bike he had already done an SS conversion. I rode the bike down and luckily only when i got to the flat road did it lock up, sending me OTB in a mili-second. I can only imagine thats what happened to him. Owch!!

first one - liked it except at the end when the slower/short distance and faster/longer distance people get onto one trail for the MTB - its frustrating for both slow and faster riders , but Ill be back for more on no 3

Hi Guys. I need to take responsibility for the routes overlap in the middle. It was a last minute call due to the reduced entry numbers and to tryn give the Full some more great single-track instead of a haul straight up the district road. I thought this small section would not cause any hassles. I was wrong. Cheers

That was a fine race!

Only issues were the looooong wait at registration and the 7km overlap at the end of the mtb.

I reckon you hit the nail right on the head with the two courses - the trail run was technical fun but "runnable" (better than Heia). The mtb course was a great mix of fast flat, flowing single track, rocky DH, steep climbing - awesome.

Nice venue - my first time at Hakahana!

Like Eldron said there was a long wait for registration to start and hence a slight delay to the start. But otherwise it was good. I loved the monitors at the finish with the results, Not sure if they had it at #1, if they did i didnt see it. But thats a good idea. The touch screen one on the left to check categories was LEKKER. Thanks guys. #3 is a day before D2D so its going to be a hard choice as I ride road for a team and am already entered into VA for D2D. If the legs feel good the week before ill do both.