Lost city 2014

bmw1za

I had a mechanical after 100m. Was a very hard chase with a fellow late starter. Hard day out. 20min longer than last year. Finished in the bottom half of the theoretical start group. Now for the MTB.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish, not lekker. I hope your arm heals quickly.

What group was this in?

I was in CL looking forward to a good event to improve my seeding for the summer season, worked hard in winter with loads of hours in saddle and spin class...this was my kick off event for ultra tri's and iron man 2015...alas not to be...but I got ogg lightly ...hope the others injured are ok....

Rather fall now than later in season....

Happened fast, you always think u have time to react, reality is in peleton situation u don't....

No point in crying over spilled milk....await to hear from LBS and insurance and look to some hours in the cradle an race for victory event....

The MTB certainly caught a few people on the shorter route out. Was 2 laps but I think it was a good MTB challenge. The first guys were lightning quick!! I always make a weekend of it - well worth it.

If you asked be before the race if I were to be dropped, where would it happen, I would have said on the hills from 28km - 32km. So I was shocked when I got dropped at 20km. Thinking about it afterwards, I was on the wind side of the bunch, which probably was the straw the broke the camels back. My bad for not picking up on the wind there.

I was able to revive my pride later in the race at about 61km when the front of the BL's, who had caught us earlier, attacked in a cross wind. I managed to make it into the echelon. After the obligatory turn at the front, I looked back, and the 60 man group was whittled down to 10, with the rest of the group far back.

Finished in 3:16:52. I'm disappointed in getting a 25% index, but I guess it's not to bad given the conditions.

We must have ridden together quite a bit. I was in black and white Assos kit on black and yellow Scott. Came from behind with the guy in the green kit. Was found out when I started the crosswind attack but could not sustain it and got dropped. Finished right behind you.

Edited by TALUS

thought it was a great weekend, started AM on the 66km finishing 2h09, that wind was a killer... then did the 55km MTB yesterday, some tough climbs on tired legs but finished 3h27... any idea how many started the 55km MTB? only 141 finishers?

If you asked be before the race if I were to be dropped, where would it happen, I would have said on the hills from 28km - 32km. So I was shocked when I got dropped at 20km. Thinking about it afterwards, I was on the wind side of the bunch, which probably was the straw the broke the camels back. My bad for not picking up on the wind there.

I was able to revive my pride later in the race at about 61km when the front of the BL's, who had caught us earlier, attacked in a cross wind. I managed to make it into the echelon. After the obligatory turn at the front, I looked back, and the 60 man group was whittled down to 10, with the rest of the group far back.

Finished in 3:16:52. I'm disappointed in getting a 25% index, but I guess it's not to bad given the conditions.

Gary I was shocked to be left behind on the 16km mark and i was safely tucked away out of the wind... Turns out my seatpost dropped 20mm... No Wonder the damn quads were cramping . Fixed now, Pride restored and prepping for D2D :clap:

Gary I was shocked to be left behind on the 16km mark and i was safely tucked away out of the wind... Turns out my seatpost dropped 20mm... No Wonder the damn quads were cramping . Fixed now, Pride restored and prepping for D2D :clap:

Were you riding with a guy wearing a yellow rain jacket?

Were you riding with a guy wearing a yellow rain jacket?

Yes i Was ... my legs were toast by then already

Your mate looked a bit more bushed than you. I thought one of you latched for a while but I was working too hard to look around. It was just before the first climb.

We must have ridden together quite a bit. I was in black and white Assos kit on black and yellow Scott. Came from behind with the guy in the green kit. Was found out when I started the crosswind attack but could not sustain it and got dropped. Finished right behind you.

Eish, when I think back to remember if I saw you, it's all just a blur.

I had a Northcliff cycles jersey on, black with a wide white strip across it. Black BMC.

thought it was a great weekend, started AM on the 66km finishing 2h09, that wind was a killer... then did the 55km MTB yesterday, some tough climbs on tired legs but finished 3h27... any idea how many started the 55km MTB? only 141 finishers?

Started AM as well, 2:23 for me and 3:04 for the MTB. Good fun :-)

Your mate looked a bit more bushed than you. I thought one of you latched for a while but I was working too hard to look around. It was just before the first climb.

He was beyond busted, i dont know him though :)

I latched on for a while but my legs were too sore for your pace

Not sure if this was mentioned allready...

Anyone see the kid that got injured on the 25km mtb, saw him lying on a rocky downhill and I thought he just had a nasty fall.

Then I saw the pictures posted on facebook today and it was a bit of a shocker

Apparently on of the 50km riders pushed him off his bike and just sped off without cheking to see if he is ok. The brake lever went almost straight through his thigh, missing his artery by milimeters. The pictures are quie scary, he is very lucky to be alive.

His parents are now enquiring if anyone knows who the rider was...

Post here if you saw anything

well I am shocked by this, and the other post made about pushing the ou off the road... are cyclists a bunch of neandrathals ...wtf..I hope they catch the ou and nail him for attempted murder or something...