Let's imagine the Ibis Mojo HDR and Momsen Vipa had a love child...

Iwan Kemp

It ticks quite a few of the lists requirements and its coming in plastic soon... I'm liking the new Kona Process range: 134 and 153 rear travel options.

I can hang on to see what Santa Plastic brings us...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have turned into the crazy scientist who have lost the plot while being locked in his basement going over numbers and figures and formulas and the dead body in the corner.

Stumbled onto the idea of going with a XL bike! What?! Bare with me. By going XL I can get the reach I want out of most frames and can run a super short stem. No different really to what Mondraker is doing, right? RIGHT?!

So this I know:

I like/want 435mm reach and paired with a 60mm stem and 740mm bars I found myself a very comfortable cockpit. That's on a Large.

Ibis Large's reach is 409mm meaning even with a 65mm stem it doesn't quite work for me.

5010 XL has a reach of 449. Meaning I should be able to run a 45mm stem and still be comfortable. Right?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Mad_scientist.svg/1094px-Mad_scientist.svg.png

Fook me!!! Listen to this

Ibis Large HDR 650b SC 5010 XL

BB height 343 334

Wheelbase 1140 1166

Standover 760 747

Reach 409 449

Stack 595 609

HT Length 118 120

ST Length 483 508

BB will be a score, wheelbase will be a score, standover will be a score, 45mm stem will be a score...I'm a weeeeener!

EDIT: On;y thing that will need careful calculation will be the seat tube length. Need to get a 125mm Stealth dropper in there.

Edited by Iwan Kemp

I seem to have turned into the crazy scientist who have lost the plot while being locked in his basement going over numbers and figures and formulas and the dead body in the corner.

Stumbled onto the idea of going with a XL bike! What?! Bare with me. By going XL I can get the reach I want out of most frames and can run a super short stem. No different really to what Mondraker is doing, right? RIGHT?!

So this I know:

I like/want 435mm reach and paired with a 60mm stem and 740mm bars I found myself a very comfortable cockpit. That's on a Large.

Ibis Large's reach is 409mm meaning even with a 65mm stem it doesn't quite work for me.

5010 XL has a reach of 449. Meaning I should be able to run a 45mm stem and still be comfortable. Right?

Sounds bout right...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Mad_scientist.svg/1094px-Mad_scientist.svg.png

Fook me!!! Listen to this

Ibis Large HDR 650b SC 5010 XL

BB height 343 334

Wheelbase 1140 1166

Standover 760 747

Reach 409 449

Stack 595 609

HT Length 118 120

BB will be a score, wheelbase will be a score, standover will be a score, 45mm stem will be a score...I'm a weeeeener!

awesome

And the 25mm in the seat tube should work out as that is just on dammit how much post I have sticking out of the frame before I hit the bottom of the dropper's collar.

My frankentheory won't work with a Nomad or Thunderbolt, though. Nomad's wheelbase becomes what is known as proportions of a limousine (so too Reign) and Thunderbolt's seat tube is too long on the XL. So will need to go with a 100mm dropper there should I go batsheetcrazy and buy a XL bike.

Ibis have a 650b with dual suspension ?

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/30768/setup_checks/26322/photos/27020/s780_P7140019_1600x1200.jpg?1405369728

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/30768/setup_checks/26322/photos/27020/s780_P7140019_1600x1200.jpg?1405369728

:eek: , dare I ask price ?

Looking at the Mondraker's geo my theory (seemingly) makes sense.

I recall having this conversation with you about a year ago. It all makes perfect sense!

Damn, I need wider bars!