Another MTB tyre query

quickdraw

I'm running one up front. Loving the grip and feel of it, very predictable, doesn't float on sand like a other tyres I've ridden, mated to a Crossmark rear. For R350 at CWC today, just buy it....now, go do it!  :clap:

I'm running 2.25 ardents up front, and like them so much they are going on the back. I've ordered some 2.4's for the front from wiggle because I can't find them locally. Can't wait for them!

So having them front and back is fine or would you recommend something else for the back ?

So having them front and back is fine or would you recommend something else for the back ?

I currently have crossmarks at the back, but I'm changing to ardents at the back. I like wider tyres though.... If you want something skinnier, the crossmarks are solid. Just not fantastic in the mud, but nothing really is (unless you go mud specific).

Thanks for the help , I think its going to be the ardents then

Think the Ardent would make a great rear tyre. I just use the crossmark because it came with the bike and I have anoter one spare, I also like the looser feeling rear.

Anyone had any experience with the Maxxis Ardent , I'm looking to go tubeless

My Tallboy LTc came with 2.25 Ardent UST front and rear on WTB i23 rims. Reliable, fast rolling, no punctures, leaks or burps yet.

Dunno if its the 180 rear disc I use or the dry dusty hardpack I'm riding but they seem looser in the rear than the Spez Captain 2.3 that I was using on my 26er. Certainly heavier.

On the front I preferred the Weirwolf I was using on my 26er. More grippy in corners and felt better under braking. Will be trying a Spez 2.3 Purgatory on the front (until I can source a 29er Weirwolf) and the Ardents will likely become my rear tyre.

I have not tried the Ardents in the mud yet....the coming spring rains should soon sort that issue out.

Anyone had any experience with the Maxxis Ardent , I'm looking to go tubeless

My Tallboy LTc came with 2.25 Ardent UST front and rear....

Ooops ...double post...please ignore.

Currently running x-king prot 2.2 front (tubeless), race king 2.2 UST back for XC (2.4 front seems to get a bit tractor wheel to me). 

Currently running a 2.35 Hans Dampf on a Flow EX rim up front. If you'd like a benchmark for a tractor tyre, just come to Tokai on Sunday.

They make an awesome rear trail tyre, but for XCM you'll probably want something a bit faster.

My Tallboy LTc came with 2.25 Ardent UST front and rear on WTB i23 rims. Reliable, fast rolling, no punctures, leaks or burps yet.

Dunno if its the 180 rear disc I use or the dry dusty hardpack I'm riding but they seem looser in the rear than the Spez Captain 2.3 that I was using on my 26er. Certainly heavier.

On the front I preferred the Weirwolf I was using on my 26er. More grippy in corners and felt better under braking. Will be trying a Spez 2.3 Purgatory on the front (until I can source a 29er Weirwolf) and the Ardents will likely become my rear tyre.

I have not tried the Ardents in the mud yet....the coming spring rains should soon sort that issue out.

Those Purgatory's roll backwards on downhills.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived