Saddle position

Bizkit031

Just want to see what some of the hubbers are doing regarding their saddles. I ride a full suss 29er bike and people are saying that your saddle should be level, I would think that it would level for a hardtail but with a full suss slightly nose down to compensate for the sag. What saddles are you guys using?

Just want to see what some of the hubbers are doing regarding their saddles. I ride a full suss 29er bike and people are saying that your saddle should be level, I would think that it would level for a hardtail but with a full suss slightly nose down to compensate for the sag. What saddles are you guys using?

Makes sense .Now that you mention it ,It was more comfortable nose down .I use a wtb silverado and spez avatar

Jip

My setup:

Hardtail - level

DS - SLIGHT nose down to compensate for suspension sag

Edited by Pulse

sorry for the dumb question but should the sag not be set up that front and rear drops thus staying level?

sorry for the dumb question but should the sag not be set up that front and rear drops thus staying level?

Thing is all suspensions are different.

I only have about 1cm sag up front, bit more than double that at the back.

I agree, it depends on the bike

Have a look at Kulhavy his is quite low down so it give him more weight on the front wheel for climbing.

Looking from behind I aim the nose of the saddle at the top of the steerer tube (stem)...then adjust for comfort from there. I guess the advice will vary depending how long your legs are and whether you like your bars high or low

Edited by JXV

Level and then drop the nose of the saddle till my testicle s no longer get wacked

IOW.........you are a "large baggy" guy with "big nuts"..........downhiller maybe ............?! ;-)

IOW.........you are a "large baggy" guy with "big nuts"..........downhiller maybe ............?! ;-)

nah...If you see the guys racing dh then I recon I would run the saddle near vertical as the goods will be hiding away and give lots of room for the saddle to move around in

nah...If you see the guys racing dh then I recon I would run the saddle near vertical as the goods will be hiding away and give lots of room for the saddle to move around in

Hahaha by the looks of things lots of guys are having the nose slightly down.