Best GPS for mtbing

Pointer

Hi Hubbers,

What is considered the GPS of choice when it comes to mountain biking?

Now that the Sani2c, Like joberg2c and the Duzi2c have moved to gps navigation I'm looking in investing in a unit that is the best value for money.

Thanks

The new Garmin 1000 will be top of the bunch :thumbup: Will have to wait a little longer if you want to buy in SA. I am too scared to even think what it will cost! :w00t: Garmin 800/810 is brilliant.

For mtbing i would recommend the 510. It has smartphone connectivity for automatic syncing with the garmin site and live tracking of the ride. It also uses both Gps and Glonass. The main difference between 810 and 510 is that on 810 you can put on street maps I am not sure is steet maps are important for off road.

For mtbing i would recommend the 510. It has smartphone connectivity for automatic syncing with the garmin site and live tracking of the ride. It also uses both Gps and Glonass. The main difference between 810 and 510 is that on 810 you can put on street maps I am not sure is steet maps are important for off road.

500/510 is great (had one for 3 years before the 800) but if you are doing these GPS-driven events I would think a larger colour screen to i-ball the maps is a necessity.

Thanks guys,

Will have a look at them and compare pro's and cons. But at the end I think the budget plays a big role to.