local stores that accept amex

blackmyst

hi guys

I got an amex gift card from work - do you know of any local stores (or local online) that accept amex?

Most online stores are ok with them.

Amex is a pain though, I have an Amex company card and half the time the vendors dont accept it.

Thats because Amex fees are really high so it doesnt work for merchants to have their cards. .....unless you want to pay a surcharge for the fee.

Thats because Amex fees are really high so it doesnt work for merchants to have their cards. .....unless you want to pay a surcharge for the fee.

That is what most places have told me when I tried to use it there.

Shops are not allowed to pass the fees onto the customer, even if the customer is willing to pay them

Thanks guys, I was hoping I missed an obvious site or local merchant. When I got it I was happy, until I tried to use it.... Intl it is then... Anyone know off the top of their head what the average import duties are on cycling equip? (looking at solving my bike rack problem...)

Cycle Lab used to

Used to being operative phrase

Tried paying with Amex Sat and had to default to Mc

And all Amex really is in South Africa is a Nedbank Credit Card. I used to have one, traveled alot into Africa. Was bloody useless.

Thanks guys, I was hoping I missed an obvious site or local merchant. When I got it I was happy, until I tried to use it.... Intl it is then... Anyone know off the top of their head what the average import duties are on cycling equip? (looking at solving my bike rack problem...)

Go to Sportsmans Warehouse they will do bike carriers and accept Amex cards.

Used to being operative phrase

Tried paying with Amex Sat and had to default to Mc

Yes that is something that started 2 odd months back.

I have an Amex card with work as part of my salary so i use to spend my fair share at Cyclelab in Fourways. So since they stopped Accepting them i have stopped shopping there. Their actions backfired with me because now i hardly go there where as i often use to spend my cash there monthly.

Edited by Muggins

Go to Sportsmans Warehouse they will do bike carriers and accept Amex cards.

Thanks Muggins, I'll try that... If that fails, try load a bit more on and get from the US ;)